Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

I actually thought he was a good player at Arsenal but was obviously a bit of a tit. If he's calmed down a bit and Emery thinks he can get a tune out of him, could be a good signing. If it's even remotely happening. 

• Like 1

Good technique and has a bit of bite about him.

For me more effective than either McGinn or Luiz.

If there’s any truth to it then a big yes from me to play alongside Kamara.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Any concerns about his attitude, bear in mind Rabiot refused to be on standby for the 2018 WC and was one of their star players WC 22 … obviously he matured. Lampard post 911 acted out of line … I’m sure they will do all due diligence if it is indeed us who are interested. 

What has Rabiot and Lampard got to do with this?

8 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

What has Rabiot and Lampard got to do with this?

Concerns over attitude - both acted like bellends early in their career but learnt from it and turned it around … I’m sure IF this isn’t BS then he would’ve matured and not be considered a risk in that sense 

Edited by thabucks

Would be very happy with this if it happens.

Kamara, Luiz, Guendouzi + a proper wide player or Ramsey is a great young midfield.

Fwiw Arsenal have a sell on clause apparently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Concerns over attitude - both acted like bellends early in their career but learnt from it and turned it around … I’m sure IF this isn’t BS then he would’ve matured and not be considered a risk in that sense 

I’d reckon that’s all behind him and to be fair it’s just one incident when he was 21, I’m sure a lot of us has done stupid stuff we regret when we was 21 as well. A few of us were ok with Maguire signing not that long ago as well and he was arrested for punching someone in Greece a couple of years ago I’m sure?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Would be very happy with this if it happens.

Kamara, Luiz, Guendouzi + a proper wide player or Ramsey is a great young midfield.

Fwiw Arsenal have a sell on clause apparently.

Add McGinn, Dendonker and Tim then we are good to go in midfield. Would need to shift Nakamba and Sanson. 

We add him to go with  Kamara Luiz JJ Tim and McGinn and that would be a midfield mix  of fantastic grit experience technical ability and potential . 5 of them would not even be hitting their peak yet so plenty of resale value as well  

. Whereas our defence has been very much about the here and now our midfield feels like it could be something  special to grow with the team . 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 1

Wait so we bought one of Marseille's central midfielders. Never used him. Now being loaded out yet again. No transfer fee coming back for Sanson.

To replace him we buy another Marseille midfielder. Villa's transfer policy is interesting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Transfermarkt have it down as expiring 2025 and considering he only joined them permanently last summer for £11 mill … 

Article i saw said 2023 but that makes more sense

• Like 1

On 20 June 2020, following a post-match altercation with Brighton player Neal Maupay, Guendouzi was excluded from Arsenal training and left out of the club's match-day squads due to a history of issues with his "attitude and general conduct. 

Was this just a one off or did his attitude issues continue?

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

On 20 June 2020, following a post-match altercation with Brighton player Neal Maupay, Guendouzi was excluded from Arsenal training and left out of the club's match-day squads due to a history of issues with his "attitude and general conduct. 

Was this just a one off or did his attitude issues continue?

Heard from someone who follows Ligue 1 that he's calmed a bit since, not completely, still a no-nonsense shithouse but not as bad as he was, I'm told. I think back at Arsenal his relationship with Arteta wasn't great. It was Emery who signed him after all.

• Like 1

Â