Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

You’re kidding? Definitely stay away from that then…

He’s arguably their best player and he’s a 23yr old French International. They aren’t going to give him away! 

Maybe they can have Sanson back in return. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Worth noting he’s probably going to cost a small fortune. £35m+

Nah, this isn’t 2020 anymore. You’re looking at 20-25 for him.

Honestly, I don’t want to be too much of a downer on this but Arsenal let him go for only 10m for a reason. I don’t expect him to even make are starting 11 over Luiz and Kamara. Probably good rotation option though

Edited by Laughable Chimp

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

That’s the way the media made him out to be, after all he was an Emery signing and they all wanted you to believe that everything Emery did was rubbish. I actually thought this for a while myself but after actually watching him play more so for Marseille (even though he was quality for Arsenal) realised I was totally wrong.

Thanks.  Can’t remember what the media said about him, I just never rated him when playing for Arsenal.  Thought he was a weakness for them but if he’s playing  well for Marseille that’s great news if we do get him.  Worry though that sometimes a lower league may be his level but Kamara is awesome but we know others have been poor.  Fresh start for any player that comes in.

52 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nah, this isn’t 2020 anymore. You’re looking at 20-25 for him.

Honestly, I don’t want to be too much of a downer on this but Arsenal let him go for only 10m for a reason. I don’t expect him to even make are starting 11 over Luiz and Kamara. Probably good rotation option though

Maybe, maybe not. I don’t think they let him go for less than £30m though. 

Either way, he’s a good option. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t better than Luiz. Those three in central midfield is very good either way. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks like there’s legs in this one. I think this would be a fantastic signing. Saying that, I also thought that about Buendia, Bailey and Coutinho!

Difference is now we have an elite manager, not one who relies on moments of magic, and he knows Guendouzi well. Plus Guendouzi x Kamara relationship is already there. Could be tasty this one.

Edited by JayVTID
  • Like 1

Would be a good signing, speaks English has lots of PL and CL game experience. Is an international is a good age. Emery has coached him before and clearly rated him. 

Should be decent price. I'd see him competing with Luiz and Kamara for the Central Midfield spot. Dendoncker is a level below those three 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Love trying to remember if random source names are actually reliable or not.

I don’t really use Twitter so not sure if it means anything, but that account has 133k followers. 

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Didn't he have an attitude problem at Arsenal? Rather stay clear if so, unless he's grown up.

I don’t know the answer to that. Fortunately the person best placed to know that is now our manager. 

If Emery wants to sign him his attitude must be fine. 

Â