Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

12 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

And add in the fact it’s January as well we’ll end up paying above his market value (around €25m). He’s a good player though, I just hope we also have a decent amount left for our forward positions.

We could wait until the summer for Guendouzi if needs be. As you say more important we get a decent final third player in given our current issues and lack of depth there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If we are spending 40m euros on Guendouzi and Moreno we’ve got funds for others 

"if" Guendnouzi is true, then i would guess it will be Moreno, Guendouzi and a wide forward (like Danjuma - not him necessarily, but similar).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We could wait until the summer for Guendouzi if needs be. As you say more important we get a decent final third player in given our current issues and lack of depth there.

I think this could have been a summer transfer that has just been brought forward due to how poor the players were against Stevenage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Injury to Dougie and/or Bouba would leave us short of quality so this is a no brainer 

i can see Luiz, Genddouzi and Kamara playing at the same time tbh.

With Ramsey wide right, and a new shadow striker/inside forward playing behind watkins or ings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i can see Luiz, Genddouzi and Kamara playing at the same time tbh.

With Ramsey wide right, and a new shadow striker/inside forward playing behind watkins or ings.

That’s also a good point - we need to bridge the gap we have in the quality we have that starts and available from the bench. 

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Really good signing. Another Emery one. 

I'm excited about this potential signing. A top quality player.

However, if EuroExpert_ wants any sort of credibility in his attempts at journalism then he needs to start with the basics and understand the difference between right and write. (Sorry for the rant, this stuff annoys the hell out of me!)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think this could have been a summer transfer that has just been brought forward due to how poor the players were against Stevenage.

I can see that but also getting targets now rather than waiting for other potential suitors. The pace of this suggests we’ve expedited it. 

If he's an upgrade, good news, I guess, but it's a weird priority IMO. I'd want to be fixing the wings and attack before spending this kind of cash in the centre, hopefully we have other moves lined up and this is just progressing most quickly

Â