Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If his supposed attitude problem comes from having had a fight with Neal Maupay, I think we can ignore it. Maupay could start a fight in a monastery.

Maupay could start a fight in solitary confinement.

43 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Marseille top fan on twitter- "We can say what we want I don't want the Sanson, anymore but still he was a better player than guendouzi hynn 😭😭 #TeamOM"

What the hell happened to him, this player didn’t disappear in the space of a season with us 

Edited by IrishVilla10

37 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

What the hell happened to him, this player didn’t disappear in the space of a season with us 

He got injured under Smith. Then get dropped under Gerrard despite performing better than the players being picked instead of him. Since then he's barely played and probably has Zero confidence thanks the scouse dickhead that we had in charge. 

Still looks pretty decent for a player that hasn't played first team competitive football for 8 months and I think that player is still in there. Maybe the pace of the PL might mean he never looks as good as he did for Marseille, but the technical ability is definitely still there. 

• Like 2

Glad to see some positivity and enthusiasm for this one from VT. 

Can't and won't speak for any attitude or personality issues because I don't know. I only saw passion, perhaps a bit petulant too.

What I can vouch for is him being a very talented player a few years back. I remember the hype that Wilshere had way back when, Guendouzi was another level of skill to Wilshere.

I never rated him, I thought he was dirty and underwhelming.  I never saw anything to think he was somebody we should be interested in.  

If he comes, I’m going to have to back track and give him a chance to show me different.  

My current feel is that I hope he doesn’t come but if he does I’ll have to reevaluate him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I never rated him, I thought he was dirty and underwhelming.  I never saw anything to think he was somebody we should be interested in.  

If he comes, I’m going to have to back track and give him a chance to show me different.  

My current feel is that I hope he doesn’t come but if he does I’ll have to reevaluate him.

That’s the way the media made him out to be, after all he was an Emery signing and they all wanted you to believe that everything Emery did was rubbish. I actually thought this for a while myself but after actually watching him play more so for Marseille (even though he was quality for Arsenal) realised I was totally wrong.

• Like 1

Â