Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

🔹 The English club has the means to go up to around 40 M € bonus included.

🔹 Unai Emery tries to get Guendouzi to agree

🔹 In the event of a good offer, OM could let him go

If they want €40m which is £35m we can probably get him for £30m which tbf he would be worth given he has sell in value with his age and has had like 200 games at his age is very experienced. 

I have confidence in the fact he has played 60+ games under Emery when at Arsenal. So the "risk" in terms of player adapting to league and the coach is very minimal. 

Bailey, Traore, Wesley and Carlos are our biggest signings from abroad without material Premier League experience. Kamara technically too. They're risky 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Depends what system. In a 442, Ramsey, Kamara, Guendouzi, McGinn
In a 4-3-3. Kamara, Luiz, Guendouzi. 

I don't see a 4 3 3 as a formation we will play. We will always go to the 4 4 2 defensive shape which can become a 6 4 or 6 2 2. 

Emery is a tactical flexibility coach. Our attacking shape can be many different ways. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

I don't see a 4 3 3 as a formation we will play. We will always go to the 4 4 2 defensive shape which can become a 6 4 or 6 2 2. 

Emery is a tactical flexibility coach. Our attacking shape can be many different ways. 

I agree. 

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not a position I thought we'd be looking at but he's a really good player.

If he comes in alongside a striker, then la la la.

Well we really only have 3 CMs and Dendoncker is a level below Luiz and Kamara. I'd see this as real competition for those two and taking the place of Naka in the squad.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

30m for a player with only 6 months left on their deal seems pretty nuts.

I guess it guarantees us getting him though.

23 years old, box to box midfielder, Champions League level player coming from a major team, Premier League tax, I'd say its about right.

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If he's an upgrade, good news, I guess, but it's a weird priority IMO. I'd want to be fixing the wings and attack before spending this kind of cash in the centre, hopefully we have other moves lined up and this is just progressing most quickly

i guess you dont need to buy the players in a particular order. I agree a wingers is surely priority but i guess its a compromise around your targets and when they are available.

Id be shocked if we didnt end up with another winger

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

23 years old, box to box midfielder, Champions League level player coming from a major team, Premier League tax, I'd say its about right.

But a much poorer league, wasn’t that great in his previous PL experience although a lot younger, with prior attitude issues and looks like no competition for his name.  I was questioning the move when I thought it would be around £20m but while I haven’t seen him playing for Marseille it worries me but 100% backing for Emery from me.  Not expecting much though if we do sign him.

Just now, useless said:

Guendouzi isn't DM, he can play there, but would be more competition for McGInn as box-to-box midfielder. He scored five goals and provided fourteen assists last season.

I see him as a Luiz competition. Emery has liked the right balance in the 2 CMs one destroyer, one more creative. Additionally I can see him also playing in a wide midfield role on ace of JJ/McGinn. He's adaptable in that sense 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I see him as a Luiz competition. Emery has liked the right balance in the 2 CMs one destroyer, one more creative. Additionally I can see him also playing in a wide midfield role on ace of JJ/McGinn. He's adaptable in that sense 

He’s not dropping Luiz after his growing partnership with Kamara.  The three of them will be playing together in whatever formation that is….Emery doesn’t just play two natural CM’s even in his 442 formations.

Â