Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nah, this isn’t 2020 anymore. You’re looking at 20-25 for him.

Honestly, I don’t want to be too much of a downer on this but Arsenal let him go for only 10m for a reason. I don’t expect him to even make are starting 11 over Luiz and Kamara. Probably good rotation option though

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

He would be a great signing, for the right price. 

I was surprised that Arsenal let him go as despite his alleged bad attitude, he was one of the better players at the time. 

If Villa do sign him he’ll go straight into the first team to play alongside Kamara to replace Luiz and McGinn. No way he signs to be 3rd or 4th choice.

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

A midfield 4 of

Ramsey, Kamara, Luiz, Guendouzi

It's always nice to dream.

Or a midfield of 5: Kamara, Luiz and Guendouzi in the middle, Moreno and Cash wide, with Konsa, Carlos and Mings in a back 3

I'm not sure we should be messing with Luiz and Kamara too much. I think its been a success story. Tim Iroegbunam has a big future in one of those roles too and comes in next season to challenge in my opinion.
I see Guendouzi as a similar player, but with the tenacity turned up to 10. A ball winner and distributor. Hell of a young 4 to have for 2 or 3 positions.

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I really like him as a player, he has great engine and plays with an elegance.

He is aggressive, temperamental, but he is young as there is room for growth.

Has a bit of a Granit Xhaka aura about him..

The question is do we need him? or are we capitalising on an opportunity to rebuild our squad?

I will also add that he Emery never sticks with the same shape, so he could fit in a three or two in midfield.

In the next two transfer windows Nakamba and Sanson will leave.

I still think McGinn will leave aswell in the summer given we're being linked with a few CMs now who have his game profile.

Anyway if SJM went it would leave us with:

Kamara

Luiz

Dendoncker

Tim.

Of course Ramsey can be included but I really don't see him playing much at all in a two infront of a back 4 in Emery's system, it will be more where he played v Man. United in certain games he's only an option if we get an injury crisis.

If we're serious about a cup run next season you can easily support 5 players going for 2/3 positions. 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This is indeed correct.

Would be like having an outfield Emi Martinez in terms of being niggly and getting in face of opposition when situation arises.

As long as he's not getting sent off regularly I wouldn't have an issue with it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

🔹 The English club has the means to go up to around 40 M € bonus included.

🔹 Unai Emery tries to get Guendouzi to agree

🔹 In the event of a good offer, OM could let him go

This is why european clubs love premier league so much.

They sign him for 10m and within six months could potentially triple that by selling him if they want to.

Think early 20ms is a fair price. 

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This is why european clubs love premier league so much.

They sign him for 10m and within six months could potentially triple that by selling him if they want to.

Think early 20ms is a fair price. 

And add in the fact it’s January as well we’ll end up paying above his market value (around €25m). He’s a good player though, I just hope we also have a decent amount left for our forward positions.

• Like 1

Â