Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks like there’s legs in this one. I think this would be a fantastic signing. Saying that, I also thought that about Buendia, Bailey and Coutinho!

Please say he’s poor then he might turn out like Bentancur .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nah, this isn’t 2020 anymore. You’re looking at 20-25 for him.

Honestly, I don’t want to be too much of a downer on this but Arsenal let him go for only 10m for a reason. I don’t expect him to even make are starting 11 over Luiz and Kamara. Probably good rotation option though

Chelsea let De Bruyne go for £18m and Salah for £12m.  Sometimes players don't work out at <x> club but are great for <y> club.

Edited by bobzy

Him and Kamara had a good partnership in Marseille, he's in the French national team,  he's still young, he has Premier league experience and has worked with Emery before. This could be a great signing for us. 

He's also a bit of a sh*t house which is an added bonus.. seem to remember him having one of those days at Villa Park a few years ago

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I never rated him, I thought he was dirty and underwhelming.  I never saw anything to think he was somebody we should be interested in.  

If he comes, I’m going to have to back track and give him a chance to show me different.  

My current feel is that I hope he doesn’t come but if he does I’ll have to reevaluate him.

This is me too. Clumsy thug was my view on him. But then, I didn't really pay much attention to him. 

I'll happily reevaluate if we sign him, as I've not even seen him play since leaving the PL, and he was still very young then. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This is me too. Clumsy thug was my view on him. But then, I didn't really pay much attention to him. 

I'll happily reevaluate if we sign him, as I've not even seen him play since leaving the PL, and he was still very young then. 

Clumsy thug is a great description and I agree with.  

I wasn’t surprised when Arsenal let him go cheaply but like you, I haven’t seen him play since.  

Players change so maybe he’s the bomb now but at the moment I can’t get remotely excited or interested in this potential signing.  

I’m backing Emery 100% so I’ll put my trust in him and if he signs that he becomes awesome for us.  

It would be nice to be underwhelmed by a signing but blown away when he plays rather than be excited and then let down as usual.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I wasn’t surprised when Arsenal let him go cheaply but like you, I haven’t seen him play since.  

Players change so maybe he’s the bomb now but at the moment I can’t get remotely excited or interested in this potential signing.  

I’m backing Emery 100% so I’ll put my trust in him and if he signs that he becomes awesome for us.  

It would be nice to be underwhelmed by a signing but blown away when he plays rather than be excited and then let down as usual.

The last paragraph is where I'll be for this signing. Not going to watch the highlight reels, set my expectations low,  and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Similar to others, a lot of signings I've rated recently have turned out to be duff, so about time one went the other way.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Him and Kamara had a good partnership in Marseille, he's in the French national team,  he's still young, he has Premier league experience and has worked with Emery before. This could be a great signing for us. 

He's also a bit of a sh*t house which is an added bonus.. seem to remember him having one of those days at Villa Park a few years ago

We’ve missed a player like this (outfield) for years. We often look too soft. 

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I really like him as a player, he has great engine and plays with an elegance.

He is aggressive, temperamental, but he is young as there is room for growth.

Has a bit of a Granit Xhaka aura about him..

The question is do we need him? or are we capitalising on an opportunity to rebuild our squad?

I will also add that he Emery never sticks with the same shape, so he could fit in a three or two in midfield.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

Similar to what I was saying yesterday, in my opinion we can’t say we were fine with signing Maguire when he was actually arrested for assaulting someone and not mention that as a potential issue with his attitude, but not be fine with signing Guendouzi because of his apparent attitude problem with one manager essentially (mainly on the pitch issues with discipline). Like many have said I think it’s an isolated issue and I think most of that is behind him.

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Similar to what I was saying yesterday, in my opinion we can’t say we were fine with signing Maguire when he was actually arrested for assaulting someone and not mention that as a potential issue with his attitude, but not be fine with signing Guendouzi because of his apparent attitude problem with one manager essentially (mainly on the pitch issues with discipline). Like many have said I think it’s an isolated issue and I think most of that is behind him.

I'm an in no way fine with us signing Maguire, neither for his attitude, nor his ability. He's a prick, and a useless one at that. 

Guendouzi I know relatively little about, and assume his previous antics where he fell out with someone were down to his age. I don't recall him ever being arrested either. Also, based on comments from people who have watched him here, he actually seems to be quite good.

• Like 2

Â