Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

Guessing it’s a Heck decision. Only other theory is maybe they got a trademark complaint from Chelsea or something and agreed to change it next season.  

I welcome the news as I always wanted something more bold.  

2 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

If this is Heck’s decision then we have fallen out already.  He does not know better than thousands of Villa fans about what a Villa badge should look like.

Villa fans had 2 variant options of the same design. 

thousands of villa fans didn’t have much choice in the matter 

"We're changing our badge.

Which one do you like?

*massive poll*

We've instructed an agency to design the new badge.

Here is the new badge *insert designer waffle here*

*months and months pass*

Errr we'll probably only use it for one season because we don't really like it, so we'll carry on with the old MS Paint badge too, and then probably go back to that one, but it depends if you guys like the new badge".

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 1

I guess if you gave me a choice between a shambles on the pitch or a shambles off of it, I'd take the current situation.  But it's absolute **** amateur hour by the club, and whoever's behind the decision needs **** keelhauling.

The kits are manufactured months in advance, so they have to go with it. But to dislike it so much that they outright refuse to rebrand anything else with it, they must LOATHE it internally.

Probably should have seen this coming: Dragon Rogue's website actually makes my eyes hurt. For a graphic designer, that's probably not a good start.

• Like 1

What a mess. To be fair, the more I've looked at the kit, the more I've grown to not really mind it. It's not brilliant, but come the start of the season I'll be used to seeing it and won't really think about it.

The crest though, jesus christ....

It makes us look like we don't have a clue what we're doing, and I'm sure plenty of fans of other clubs will rightly be taking the piss once they get wind of it. Anyone who sees communications from the club's social media with the old badge, while seeing kit posts, match highlights etc with us wearing the new, potentially temporary, badge is going to think we can't decide what we're going forward with.

We had the vote. No matter what badge comes out, there's always going to be people who love it and hate it. Just stick with what the majority vote was and get on with it. 

• Like 1

This screams 100% a Chris Heck decision.  He was the guy who completely rebranded the Philadelphia 76ers and I'm guessing he wants to do the same here himself.

Yeah, it looks like a mess, but after a few years nobody will even remember this.  Chill out.  If Leeds can get over their debacle of a badge change, we can to with this for 1 season.  

Â