Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

Hasn’t grown on me much really. Still prefer the other design that was offered. It’s just so same-ish. 

I've gone the opposite way, wanted the Lamp one at first.

Round one has now massively grown on me.

I mean aesthetically, it's nice. Better than the old one. Would have liked it to be a bit more unique. We have the one of the most unique names in football, but our badge looks like a Chelsea re-skin. Kind of sucks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, blobbyrob said:

Love the logo on our Hospitality Invoice.

image.jpeg.d3a1cfdc2206061e5518bbbc62b14f98.jpeg

Ptthh looks like that lion is running away from a roast dinner.

Disgrace. Lambert out

Still think its crap. When all the Prem club badges are put together on an image I just think its even worse. 

I'm sure I'll get over it and it'll grow on me in a couple years though.

On 23/05/2023 at 14:16, Spoony said:

bit of a nothing account but first time Ive seen a third party use our badge. It pains me how much it looks like Chelsea’s badge irrespective of “who did it first”. It otherwise looks so uninspired. Just wish we went down the Forest/Spuds ‘logo only’ route and just had the lion. 

Yes would agree. Same with Wednesday, they should go back to the trippy 70s Owl logo.

On 02/06/2023 at 16:21, S-Platt said:

Nice hopefully we copyrighted that too so could make an appearance on training gear or special kits.

I think we saw something with just that logo on already. Not sure if it was IRL or a mock up in the voting stages, but the lion on its own was definitely used on a non-kit item of clothing. I'll be as shocked if it doesn't end up being used in a fair few places.

It looks so good... wish that was our logo though. It would be so much better.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I think we saw something with just that logo on already. Not sure if it was IRL or a mock up in the voting stages, but the lion on its own was definitely used on a non-kit item of clothing. I'll be as shocked if it doesn't end up being used in a fair few places.

It looks so good... wish that was our logo though. It would be so much better.

Massive thing on the side of the Villa Live building.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed on the on the membership section to renew thwy talking about giving a drinks bottle as a gift when you renew however its the old badge! If we are having a new badge from thia seaaon aurely it should be that then the old one??

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I've noticed on the on the membership section to renew thwy talking about giving a drinks bottle as a gift when you renew however its the old badge! If we are having a new badge from thia seaaon aurely it should be that then the old one??

It’s probably just to get rid of old stock. Better to give it to fans than to bin it I suppose but it’s hardly a huge draw to renew!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just had a look myself as I might go for Claret Member this season to help get tickets, and it says:

New 23/24 AVFC Product is coming soon featuring the brand-new crest and fresh merchandise. If you purchase now, your pack will be fulfilled late summer 2023 to ensure you receive the new crest on your items ready for the new season.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just had a look myself as I might go for Claret Member this season to help get tickets, and it says:

They probably shouldnt have had the image of the old gear to confuse people byt glad ut will be back dated. £40 a membership isn't bad tbh

• Like 1

On 06/06/2023 at 08:13, Demitri_C said:

Screenshot_20230606_081226_Facebook.jpg

When you see them next to each other like that you realise how crap the previous one was. No comparison. 

• Like 3

After a bit of time, I’m still not feeling the new badge. 

it’s just too middle of the road, it’s the safest badge you could ever have. Clean Inoffensive and uninspiring. 

It’s just boring, and takes far too many design elements from other clubs badges. It just blends away with all the other round border badges that exist.

I don’t hate it,  I just can’t get over how unoriginal it is. 

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

When you see them next to each other like that you realise how crap the previous one was. No comparison. 

I agree with this.

Stating the obvious here, but the new one is great and definately makes the old one look shite.

We will look back on this new one in years to come as the beginning of our new era.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

After a bit of time, I’m still not feeling the new badge. 

it’s just too middle of the road, it’s the safest badge you could ever have. Clean Inoffensive and uninspiring. 

It’s just boring, and takes far too many design elements from other clubs badges. It just blends away with all the other round border badges that exist.

I don’t hate it,  I just can’t get over how unoriginal it is. 

I respectfully disagree, as I think the new one is really good. They did ask for guidance from fans, and the majority of those they asked said round badge, there’s only so much you can do with that. No such thing as right and wrong where design is concerned though 😃 

The more I see it the more I like it :) 

• Like 2

Â