Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

I’m liking the new badge now it’s starting to be used on various media platforms. Like the transfer link of Pau Torres (below). Better use of our colours etc.

By no means perfect what would be? Every suggested badge in this thread had it’s faults. 

IMG_0631.jpeg.72033a5865f1ba1d94ceda200c37ab3d.jpeg

Not many of us can’t argue that it’s an improvement on the outgoing badge…………

IMG_9576.png.b46dbb25f95a576fd9c2a231582a0884.png

Still for the life of me can't understand why the colours scale so badly on graphics. Look at the poor pixelation on that round badge, it's just shocking. Looks like it was pasted on using MS Paint. 

13 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Iceland’s new badge is the best one I’ve seen for a long time

image.thumb.jpeg.e7d291670821888302b8b5068923357c.jpeg

Sorry but that is absolutely crap. Terrible, awful. One of the worst I've ever seen. If Villa did something like that I think I'd go on hunger strike outside VP in protest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Iceland’s new badge is the best one I’ve seen for a long time

image.thumb.jpeg.e7d291670821888302b8b5068923357c.jpeg

Is is really beautiful and thoughtful, and I love how the animals combine to a snowflake-like icon but also handsomely suggest Scandinavian culture. And it would perfectly suit any jersey of a national football team of a country located partly in the arctic circle. It is fairly abstract. I suppose I can imagine a Villa version, but the abstract snowflakey design really does seem more of a Scandinavian design. But it IS beautiful and sweet, no doubt. My impression of many Villa supporters (and many football fans) is that anything beyond the strictly representational is, well, not appreciated too much lol. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

Sorry but that is absolutely crap. Terrible, awful. One of the worst I've ever seen. If Villa did something like that I think I'd go on hunger strike outside VP in protest.

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Is is really beautiful and thoughtful, and I love how the animals combine to a snowflake-like icon but also handsomely suggest Scandinavian culture. And it would perfectly suit any jersey of a national football team of a country located partly in the arctic circle. It is fairly abstract. I suppose I can imagine a Villa version, but the abstract snowflakey design really does seem more of a Scandinavian design. But it IS beautiful and sweet, no doubt. My impression of many Villa supporters (and many football fans) is that anything beyond the strictly representational is, well, not appreciated too much lol. 

I love it, BUT, there is no right and wrong with these things. I think this disparity of opinion really sums it up. I’m glad our new crest doesn’t split opinion quite so much, even if we don’t all agree! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, useless said:

I feel like the lion looks better claret, when I see new badge and old badge next to each other the old lion makes me think of the Simpsons with how bright yellow it is, also no offense but compared to new new lion old lion kind of just looks like a yellow blob.

180px-Aston_Villa_FC_logo.png140px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.pn

spacer.png

Over three weeks since the season finished and we are still waiting for the club to adopt the new badge.

All of the online accounts are still using the old one.

I get the rebranding of the physical side of things would take time but I would have thought the digital media side of things would have been relatively simple to change.

I wonder if it will coincide with the kit release, whenever that might be?

6 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Over three weeks since the season finished and we are still waiting for the club to adopt the new badge.

All of the online accounts are still using the old one.

I get the rebranding of the physical side of things would take time but I would have thought the digital media side of things would have been relatively simple to change.

I wonder if it will coincide with the kit release, whenever that might be?

From a marketing POV, it’ll be done all at once. Probably when the shop is cleared as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/06/2023 at 23:30, maqroll said:

Just a shame that the lion isn't gold. 

On 18/06/2023 at 23:52, Demitri_C said:

I agree

Only way gold Lion works is on claret background. Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of change in the first place.

One of the biggest flaws of the current badge is the shite colour combo and element contrast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

From a marketing POV, it’ll be done all at once. Probably when the shop is cleared as well. 

To be fair, we always seem to be very slow and lagging behind other clubs with these sort of things. From creative to kitlaunch etc 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I kind of get that, but now we are in close season, there is not much happening at the ground football wise.

yet there is so much traffic through FB, Twitter, Instagram, the web site etc

Just seems slow to me when we've know about it for ages.

29 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I kind of get that, but now we are in close season, there is not much happening at the ground football wise.

yet there is so much traffic through FB, Twitter, Instagram, the web site etc

Just seems slow to me when we've know about it for ages.

I think it must be sponsorship related. Cazoo still pay us, and they pay us to display a specific agreed image. That includes the way the shirts work with their names on it, the banners, all the commercial bs.

I think it's safe to say it will all be unveiled with the new sponsor coming in. 

• Like 1

Â