Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

That will do, simple timeless design, doesn't look very exciting but often the designs that look wild new and exciting to begin with can age pretty badly and look quickly outdated, this new Villa badge has a lasting classic reliable feel to it, something that's always been there and always will be.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

Meh, not for me.

The lion looks like it is running away.

Nah, left to right is forwards. Think the direction Mario runs, written English language, and why protagonists walk left to right and antagonists walk right to left in cinema.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Nah, left to right is forwards. Think the direction Mario runs, written English language, and why protagonists walk left to right and antagonists walk right to left in cinema.

I see it as moving forwards yes but also retreating away from whatever is a threat, as the back is turned. The other way would symbolise standing its ground or attacking whatever is moving towards it.

I like it. The old badge was awful, and I only just realised the top part of the A on the old badge looks like it is missing!

Still not sure of the positioning of the star on the new one though, it looks like a fly the lion is trying to swat away. I would have preferred to see it either in the middle of Aston Villa  or in the middle of 1874    as in  "Aston * Villa" or "18 * 74" probably the latter.

Edited by TheStagMan
Speeling mistook
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

I see it as moving forwards yes but also retreating away from whatever is a threat, as the back is turned. The other way would symbolise standing its ground or attacking whatever is moving towards it.

Should have hit the neutral ground like the Chelsea lion with the no-look pass

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I like it. The old badge was awful, and I only just realised the top part of the A on the old badge looks like it is missing!

Still not sure of the positioning of the star on the new one though, it looks like a fly the lion is trying to swat away. I would have perffered to see it either in the middle of Aston Villa  or in the middle of 1874    as in  "Aston * Villa" or "18 * 74" probably the latter.

That is just what the "A" in that font looks like (Garamond Bold) ...

The new badge is much much better indeed.

46 minutes ago, korda-slovillan said:

That is just what the "A" in that font looks like (Garamond Bold) ...

The new badge is much much better indeed.

I know, but it does just look like it is missing. Terrible font for a Terrible badge.

Edited by TheStagMan

18 hours ago, useless said:

That will do, simple timeless design, doesn't look very exciting but often the designs that look wild new and exciting to begin with can age pretty badly and look quickly outdated, this new Villa badge has a lasting classic reliable feel to it, something that's always been there and always will be.

Understatement!

18 hours ago, Mr.Messy said:

The lion chases prey, simple. Rather than looking backwards.

Any idea when the full new branding will be revealed? It was supposed to be the last match of the season, although obviously that hasn’t happened (more important things going on for that match). It must be done pretty soon though… not only do we need to release the kits but also change everything throughout VP, Bodymoor, etc and that stuff takes time.

On 31/05/2023 at 02:27, ejs1111 said:

i'm a fan of the new badge.  Timeless shape/design.

Add to that the fact that it says ASTON VILLA on it finally.  Instant 10/10 for me due to this.

Can’t stress just how wonderful it is to have our majestic name back on the badge 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, blobbyrob said:

Love the logo on our Hospitality Invoice.

image.jpeg.d3a1cfdc2206061e5518bbbc62b14f98.jpeg

Nice hopefully we copyrighted that too so could make an appearance on training gear or special kits.

Â