Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think it must be sponsorship related. Cazoo still pay us, and they pay us to display a specific agreed image. That includes the way the shirts work with their names on it, the banners, all the commercial bs.

I think it's safe to say it will all be unveiled with the new sponsor coming in. 

They might still pay us but they aren't showing up on our website anymore...

Screenshot_20230620_130002_Chrome.jpg.7843f6483bb8af76df7de7b3e7c86445.jpg

Edited by MrBlack

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

I kind of get that, but now we are in close season, there is not much happening at the ground football wise.

yet there is so much traffic through FB, Twitter, Instagram, the web site etc

Just seems slow to me when we've know about it for ages.

It all (also) depends on contractors/signage experts etc. Everything has to link up at the same time for a launch as big as this. I've done something on a much smaller scale and the elements that go into it are vast and crazy. We could certainly speed up kit launches, but launching a new 'brand identity' is a whole new level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only way gold Lion works is on claret background. Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of change in the first place.

One of the biggest flaws of the current badge is the shite colour combo and element contrast.

Yeah, it's a bit flat

Interesting wording in the article:

The redesigned crest, which pays homage to our European Cup-winning heroes of 1982, appears on Villa’s playing and training kits this season.

The club will continue to use the existing shield design around Villa Park and on our digital channels, as well as in other areas.

Aston Villa will monitor local, national and global reaction along with feedback to the use of both the crest and kit moniker as the 2023/24 campaign progresses.

With our landmark 150th anniversary on the horizon next season, the club will further engage with supporters on the future identity of Aston Villa and how it should look for the next 150 years and beyond.

Does this mean that it's potentially going to change again? Old crest still going to be used around the stadium and elsewhere while they monitor the reaction to the new one. Odd....

The badge is the best part of it and they are keeping the old badge on the stadium and digital platforms, makes no sense whatsoever doing this, either change the lot or not at all

• Like 2

Hmm the statement is odd..

I guess this a marketing decision. Maybe if Purslow was here the new crest would be everywhere.

Heck probably thinks the badge could be improved..

This is wierd AF..  

How many clubs have two different badges ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Interesting wording in the article:

Does this mean that it's potentially going to change again? Old crest still going to be used around the stadium and elsewhere while they monitor the reaction to the new one. Odd....

shows how much faith they have in the design of it that they're preparing a scenario where they just have to change it back to the old one

Reading between the lines, Heck has come in, thinks the badge looks shit but can't really cancel things as the shirts would have already been designed and batches shipped. 

It will be changing, that's for sure. 

What's resulted is an embarrassing shambles. 

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

what other club has ever had two official logos!?!?

its feels like proper amateur hour stuff from the club tbh, genuinely and completely amateurish.

Yep I’m surprised as I assume this is a Heck decision and if so he’s not off to a good start!

Â