Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This screams 100% a Chris Heck decision.  He was the guy who completely rebranded the Philadelphia 76ers and I'm guessing he wants to do the same here himself.

Yeah, it looks like a mess, but after a few years nobody will even remember this.  Chill out.  If Leeds can get over their debacle of a badge change, we can to with this for 1 season.  

I don’t want my club rebranded.  Particularly by someone who has no connection to or understanding of it.

• Like 1

A f**king shitshow. They have spent a year consulting us and the badge was chosen. Some of us may have been underwhelmed, but that was the decision and the time to roll out—totally confusing messages having a new badge on the shirt and no online branding.  I thought we had gone past this sort of amateur hours antics.   What the hell is going on.

This summer was the ideal situation for us to launch our new crest, being in Europe, the Emery honeymoon. The chance is there to push our name and what we are about, and yet again we mess it up. Same as it ever was.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

It's poor. A decision was made. If they think they could do better, they should have made some calls at the design stage.

The new badge should be all over the Villa Park and in all of our marketing going forward.

This morning when the BK8 announcement came out, I thought it's not great but nothing to worry about as it will get changed soon.

But this is BS.

I can already see away fans taking the piss. 

Amateur. 

• Like 1

I want to see some of the more unique designs that were being mentioned previously. See what they were going to do before going to the supporters.

My suspicion is it was round badge from the feedback, it was basically decided on that, but they needed a different design just to have another option to put to supporters, hence the shield one. 

It’s a bit poor all this, but I don’t think it’s quite the shit show being suggested.

If we end up with a better badge then I’m fine with it.

• Like 1

Didn't we recently get some award for our consultation on the badge? I am utterly baffled by this decision. I am not a marketing person but having mixed branding does not look professional at all. I had my doubts about what was happening when nothing was done at the Brighton game. As soon as the final whistle went they could have gone big on the new crest and European football qualification.

The current badge is a big millstone representing years of managed declined and missed opportunities. And for some reason, we want to keep it at certain areas of the club for another season.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

If this is just because of the molehill-sized 'backlash' on social media, it's utterly pathetic, but this is exactly why people should think before commenting on social media. If you're not actually against something, don't bloody complain about it.

• Like 1

The new badge looks great on the kit.

They almost have to change now because they've killed any momentum the kit release might have given the badge by actively distancing ourselves from it.

Really weird behaviour. We've Leeds'd ourselves without the backlash from the fanbase.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I don’t want my club rebranded.  Particularly by someone who has no connection to or understanding of it.

Azton Villa Soccer Crush

Â