Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

Aspects of the new badge that I love include that, at a glance, you know it's Aston Villa.  And it does provide a link to a successful era while being sufficiently different, eg the extent to which the letters extend round the circle and the lion turning round.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the standalone lion be a part of the new branding, and expect we will see it on a shirt sometime in the near future.

They will 100 percent be doing this with certain applications.

I think it's one of the reasons they've gone so simple.

The different elements can be extracted and used on their own easily.

• Like 3

On 22/03/2023 at 17:05, est1874 said:

Was there not a third option put before FCG that had a solo lion on it?

There was, and to the other groups of fans they used for opinion - a lion with the name Aston Villa above it and from memory the 1874 below. I think they called it uncaged - ultimately I think just about every focus group realised that the badge we ended up with retained everything that was in 'uncaged' anyway and that we would in effect be getting both options.

• Like 2

On 22/03/2023 at 14:48, Mic09 said:

The product is the outcome of a majority decision by fans being allowed to vote on key aspects of it.

But that product could have been made a million different ways.

The biggest restrictions on the outcome were those imposed by the club on itself to match the (at the time not yet introduced) measures for the governments white paper which makes parts of football clubs objects of community or cultural significance - the colours are a cultural feature, the name too.

They couldn't have made it blue with a peacock, or the shape of a boat for no reason, including a badger was completely out of the question, as was putting the words "Villa Innit" around the lion in neon pink. There's an intrinsic community value to the properties that make up 'Aston Villa', the claret and blue and the lion and the government has set out to protect those things at football clubs in order to prevent more outbreaks like the idiot that made Cardiff play in red and changed their bluebird to a dragon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

They couldn't have made it blue with a peacock, or the shape of a boat for no reason, including a badger was completely out of the question, as was putting the words "Villa Innit" around the lion in neon pink.

I did wonder why none of that happened. Now I know why. Thanks Scott.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Aston Villa has been nominated for the Best Fan Engagement by a Club: Crest consultation award at the Football Business Awards.

I know it means little, and award nights are a bit of a cliche, but it shows that engagement and consultation within such an important matter has been handled better than most other similar campaigns by other teams.

I know there was discussion about how they could have improved the process, but I think they have gone a long way to get the fans involved and couldn't have reasonably done much more. 

• Like 2

I always thought the Gamba Osaka badge could be reworked into a nice Villa badge along the AV lines. 

Make the G into a more defined A and V  and chuck a lion in there, job done.

Dodgy Canva mock up below. Font’s terrible I know but you get the gist

021D7305-BC9E-49AE-847B-D1AC648FB5AA.jpeg.bcc20bfa11ce52297707f8a28dcc5e9a.jpeg
2EC38399-5E54-4729-816C-BBE33A8F7FFA.jpeg.53f1e17bc03aaa90cd47d6fb60723680.jpeg

• Like 3

On 19/01/2023 at 16:34, Demitri_C said:

I still maintain this was the absolute best out of everything i saw.

Its literally perfection for me

Screenshot_20221104-190246_Facebook.jpg

Far too busy, won't work reduced down in size.

Still love the new crest and I'm excited to see it on shirts.

The star remains the one thing I'd change to be honest. I just hate the way it looks where it is

• Like 3

On 05/04/2023 at 14:11, burchy said:

I always thought the Gamba Osaka badge could be reworked into a nice Villa badge along the AV lines. 

Make the G into a more defined A and V  and chuck a lion in there, job done.

Dodgy Canva mock up below. Font’s terrible I know but you get the gist

021D7305-BC9E-49AE-847B-D1AC648FB5AA.jpeg.bcc20bfa11ce52297707f8a28dcc5e9a.jpeg
2EC38399-5E54-4729-816C-BBE33A8F7FFA.jpeg.53f1e17bc03aaa90cd47d6fb60723680.jpeg

The star would have to go inside somewhere due to league rules, but that is very nice. 

I'm looking forward to the new badge. Its a massive improvement,  its simple and somewhat classic and suits the class of our boss.

Yeah, something truly creative could have been nice but at least it avoided being a Shitty group clone.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching MOTD it's striking how many boring round badges there are. We had our chance to be original, but we messed up.

It's in the top three biggest **** ups related to a public vote ever I think. The others are howlers too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Just watching MOTD it's striking how many boring round badges but we somehow still created a masterpiece. We had our chance to be original and succeeded.

It's in the top three biggest ideas related to a public vote ever I think. The others are howlers.

FTFY

4 hours ago, Rolta said:

Just watching MOTD it's striking how many boring round badges there are. We had our chance to be original, but we messed up.

It's in the top three biggest **** ups related to a public vote ever I think. The others are howlers too.

You are wrong. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Â