Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

19 hours ago, villa82 said:

Love it, 100 times better then the old childish one.

8750CA79-8C12-40E9-BB2D-2F472BCDF658.jpeg

Having not even looked at the crest for a couple of months, and now seeing it again, I can conclude that it's really nice.

The only part I still don't like is the star. It's shit

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I still maintain this was the absolute best out of everything i saw.

Its literally perfection for me

Screenshot_20221104-190246_Facebook.jpg

This is awful. Squares are ugly, the lion is absolutely terrible and too small, the star is crap and the colours are too washed out

Edited by Stevo985

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it would look brilliant on a shirt.  Stands out and isnt that busy.  Just personal preference i guess

Me too. I like it. There are some way busier badges out there, with devils, trolls and pirate ships on them. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is awful. Squares are ugly, the lion is absolutely terrible and too small, the star is crap and the colours are too washed out

Awful is a tad OTT

But personal preference i guess

Edited by Demitri_C

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Having not even looked at the crest for a couple of months, and now seeing it again, I can conclude that it's really nice.

The only part I still don't like is the star. It's shit

Back on topic... I agree. It looks so much better than what we have, and it is very nice.

I don't mind the star, but think we'd be better off without it.  To people that know we've won it, it's pointless. To those that don't, it means nothing and just looks like a random star placed on the badge. 

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Designer - Dragon Rouge, posted some mockups on their Instagram of the new badge

I'm disappointed we didn't end up with something more creative. Having seen what dragonrouge did elsewhere it looks like they were really hamstrung by our process.

Not that what we ended up with isn't nice.. it clearly is.

As my profile pic suggests, i preferred the other design of the two, mainly because it was something different that we could still relate back to our history (even if only our fans would understand why).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm disappointed we didn't end up with something more creative. Having seen what dragonrouge did elsewhere it looks like they were really hamstrung by our process.

Not that what we ended up with isn't nice.. it clearly is.

As my profile pic suggests, i preferred the other design of the two, mainly because it was something different that we could still relate back to our history (even if only our fans would understand why).

To be fair mate, the one in your profile pic I just dislike more now than at the time. I’m so thankful we got the one that was chosen. I love the stuff DragonRouge did and excited by it more so now, looks great.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They've done a really good job of not colour matching the badge to the claret on the actual shirt, in the Aston Villa tradition

Yup, the badge is too purple. 

I still don't understand why we don't have a standard colour code for the villa claret that we use for all things official.  Variations on it for highlights/ lowlights are fine, but the core shirt and badge really should be the same claret.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They've done a really good job of not colour matching the badge to the claret on the actual shirt, in the Aston Villa tradition

I'm not a designer, but I would be really surprised if they did not look up the colour codes from Villa's brand centre.

Â