Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

On 02/05/2023 at 08:58, Stevo985 said:

I don't have an issue with the star in principle.

I just don't like where it's positioned on the badge. It looks really out of place.

We should have it central or not at all, imo

No. It should be offset, until ... one day? Offset says we expect more. Central looks complacent, like it's all we think we'll get or need. Not at all is actually kind of arrogant. We should be "humbly proud" of our one current star, even if others have some more.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Bring back this beaut, which could tenuously be considered a former badge after making an appearance in official promotional material on the 24th January 2018 for a game against Yorkshire Whites

West Midlands Village (Aston Villa) PES 2013 Stats

Probably the best social media post by a football club. Had a proper laugh.

• Like 1

Not in a mocking way, but are the people thinking we're copying chelsea on the younger side of VT demographics? I think of the lion jumping over the letters one of theirs. But I don't agree our new one looks like their current badge except its a round badge with a border. Or is it that their current badge is a (rubbish cartoony) update on their round-ish badge I remember as a kid?

But then I love the new badge. But then I started supporting us when we had a round badge innit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

Not in a mocking way, but are the people thinking we're copying chelsea on the younger side of VT demographics? I think of the lion jumping over the letters one of theirs. But I don't agree our new one looks like their current badge except its a round badge with a border. Or is it that their current badge is a (rubbish cartoony) update on their round-ish badge I remember as a kid?

But then I love the new badge. But then I started supporting us when we had a round badge innit.

I think it is part and parcel of the social media age. We had a round badge for a period of our history where we won  major trophies,  1975-1983. Screw Chelsea and lazy social media 'takes'.

I don’t think it’s that similar to the Chelsea one… it’s round and has a rampant lion… so those bits are the same, but the majority of people wanted a round badge (myself included) and a rampant lion has been on our badge forever. There’s only so much you can do with round badge and rampant lion.

Weirdly the longer it’s been the more the ‘gas lamp’ crest would’ve been a massive mistake in my opinion… I didn’t mind it at first but now I think it’s dreadful! 😆 no accounting for taste I suppose

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

I think there's a kind of doublethink that goes on on social media. It's more likely that they know we're not just copying Chelsea but can't resist believing it anyway for the sake of manufacturing drama and getting a rise out of Villa fans.

On 24/05/2023 at 15:57, wishywashy said:

Bring back this beaut, which could tenuously be considered a former badge after making an appearance in official promotional material on the 24th January 2018 for a game against Yorkshire Whites

West Midlands Village (Aston Villa) PES 2013 Stats

I do not remember that. That's incredible.

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

(I'm sure you got the joke, but I just wanted to post the original tweets in case people weren't aware of it.)

(For people who don't know, this is our name and badge in various Pro Evolution Soccer games because Konami couldn't get the licence for our real name and badge. Leeds are called Yorkshire Whites.)

I did get the joke. Did Huygens play for us? 

Edited by HKP90

Everytime I see our new badge my instinctive reaction is that the lion is facing the wrong way.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but currently it looks to me like they've mirrored the image by accident

Â