Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, nick76 said:

Also if I remember correctly this old badge was done by the club without consultation.  If that was the case, then those who wanted the new one done by professionals can clearly see that although it sometimes it works, in our case and others, when not controlled you get poor badges like our old one or the Leeds one, even our gas lamp one was poor. Thankfully the right one was picked.

IMG_1590.jpeg

I know we all take this piss out of this but honestly how on earth was it ever approved by anyone at all. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Indeed. Really glad I got the Green throwback shirt. 

Incidentally, I was watching the Holy Trinity podcast the other day, and he was wearing the old muller shirt, but it was yellow. And it didn't look like a Goalie top (I remember the old Bozzie rainbow jobs). Anyone know where that is from, and whether I could get one, cos it looked mint? 

It's a concept shirt mate drop me a pm I know someone that can get you one 😉 

• Like 1

Just Googled the new crest again. It's solid compared to the last few iterations. Don't like the star as I find it small time/limiting.  Missed opportunity to do something really bold in terms of branding. But happy we will soon be done with the poorly designed current badge.

21 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Not saying it shouldn't be there at all, it is a very logical choice for the font/wording.  We actually had a home shirt a few years ago (think it was one of the macron kits circa 2012ish) that had some gold piping.  It's just that I think making it (along with blue) the predominant colour of our badge was a poor decision, not only in terms of history but how it actually looked/looks.  

It was the Hummel one from 05/06 that definitely had gold piping. The Macron ones were destroyed by that awful Dafabet logo, likewise for the awful w88 one for Kappa.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Rumours online the clubs doing some kind pf presentation about the new badge on sundays game vs brighton

I wonder if, as it's the last game of the season and last with Cazoo, that the players will wear a special shirt with the new badge on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I wonder if, as it's the last game of the season and last with Cazoo, that the players will wear a special shirt with the new badge on.

That would be interesting and represen a new era for the club and fans under emery

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Woah! That would be awesome! 

Yes! that would be fantastic, and a good way to settle the campers before the new kit launch next, which knowing us will be next February. 

I can't wait to see it in action. It's so much better.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Yes! that would be fantastic, and a good way to settle the campers before the new kit launch next, which knowing us will be next February. 

I can't wait to see it in action. It's so much better.  

Yea would be great if they had the new kit on display with it.

Not sure why we cant have the shirt out fonal game of season like i think liverpool do.

Would make ot good for the fans

I think they were possibly going to have something on seats for everyone with the new badge on but based on the Project B6 flags email stream it looks like it's been delayed until the first game of next season.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think they were possibly going to have something on seats for everyone with the new badge on but based on the Project B6 flags email stream it looks like it's been delayed until the first game of next season.

Shame as it wouls have been perfect opportunity after sundays HUGE game.

This is biggest home game for many years

bit of a nothing account but first time Ive seen a third party use our badge. It pains me how much it looks like Chelsea’s badge irrespective of “who did it first”. It otherwise looks so uninspired. Just wish we went down the Forest/Spuds ‘logo only’ route and just had the lion. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Or this beaut that has done nothing but grow on me since I voted for the round one...

Roundel Beats Out Gas Lamp in Aston Villa Crest Vote ...

Horrible, glad it's not that one. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Or this beaut that has done nothing but grow on me since I voted for the round one...

Get rid of the star and it's perfect. Unique and modern instead of the copycat "retro" that went out of fashion ten years ago crest we got. 

16 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I hope not tbh. For me it would be nice and elegant for the current badge to earn the European spot on the final day and hand the club over, so to speak, in great nick, bowing out with arguably that badge's greatest achievement.

Then the new badge can 'take it from here'.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Get rid of the star and it's perfect. Unique and modern instead of the copycat "retro" that went out of fashion ten years ago crest we got. 

Just don’t see how you can prefer that to the one that we are going to have.  It’s all about taste I know.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just don’t see how you can prefer that to the one that we are going to have.  It’s all about taste I know.

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Horrible, glad it's not that one. 

But the issue is really just the badge bit, right? Which looks like it's from Placeit Logo Maker. Not sure about that typeface, but I like the blue lion just fine, even if "blue lion" has four-letter word in it.

Â