Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/22 at 22:59

We were the better team against a lacklustre Leeds side with ten men. Any half decent team would have put them to the sword today, we had the chances to but failed to get the one goal required to win. That’s not the sign of a team going places, we have regressed and will continue to with Gerrard in charge. I’ve lost all enthusiasm and interest in this current side, just feel apathetic about the whole thing ☹️

• Like 1

Decent enough performance just lacked the finishing touch, created enough chances to have won 2 games. Watkins wasteful, Konsa should have scored and Coutinho unlucky off the post.

We’ve tightened up well at the back, Leeds didn’t get too close to scoring with 11 or 10 players.

Frustrating but not the end of the world.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

We had several good chances. Coutinho hit the post, Watkins missed two one on ones and Konsa had a great chance. We should have won with the chances we had. That's why its not in Gerrard. I know everyone will disagree but they're wrong if they take their blinkers off.

We're just so boring to watch, that's the problem. Even with a player less we still struggle to move the ball quickly from side to side. When we did we created stuff.

I don't expect us to play like Brighton did at Liverpool given they've been building with that side for 3-4 years now but there is a better way than what we're doing currently.

Frustrating. We were the better team I thought, and after the sending off we dominated - but our lack of cohesion in the final third showed. It's a match that exposed our weakness in making the right chances and in taking them when we do.

We still did more than enough to win it and Leeds will consider themselves lucky. 

Individually I thought Young, Doulas Luiz and Mings did well, Buendia was industrious off the bench and Coutinho had a decent game. Our lack of fullbacks hindered us, Konsa looks uncomfortable there, especially going forward, hopefully Cash is back for our next one.

Oh, and I thought the referee was excellent throughout, anyone opening a Specsavers in the Leeds area will make a killing.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So it isn't Gerrards fault? Who's fault is then for giving Ollie 94 minutes on the pitch

Sure, I would've subbed him off too. But we had enough to win from a management point of view. This time, players at fault.

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Hard to believe the XG was 0.37 to 2.08. 

Makes me think it’s not about chance creation but taking them when they come! 

It's about the quality of the chances over the quantity.

xG is rightly calling out Watkins for being a useless clearing in the woods here, given that he hit the post from a 5 yard volley and couldn't finish one on one either (as usual).

Did enough to win. Had enough good positions to get a shot off and get a goal. 

We always seem to delay the key pass/shot though and Leeds get back to block. 

Konsa had an open goal to head at, but Watkins has to do better with his array of chances. Hit the keeper each time.

Positive - Clean sheet

Application and attitude was decent, but boy we’re an awful watch. Just absolutely clueless going forward. We’re basically hoping a hoof forward creates a chance or praying for a moment of magic.

Project Gerrard is badly letting us down and now holding us back. We need to act now before it’s too late. 

• Like 1

Â