Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/22 at 22:59

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think having Konsa at right back hindered us enormously going forward in the second half, he was effectively not an overlap at all.

Good point. His lack of skill on the ball was exposed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I count 5. Finished the game with second choice RB at left back and centre half at RB. A lot of injuries at the back. 

Why not change the system then to mitigate the lack of fit fullback's? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

you just know we will beat Forest and this shit will continue for another couple of weeks

Heaven forbid we win a football match 🙄

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

No, he's not. Unbeaten in three.

I fear you are right. We will continue this horror show most likely to the WC break.

The performance today was terrible, and it not a one off, we have been this bad all seasons.

I so wish to see our players under a good manager, to see what they really are capable of. 

15 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Archer, Archer, Archer.

How many f@cking times.

Ramsey MOM.

Buendia next. He makes things happen. He spurs the team on.

Martinez and Mings also excellent.

Coutinho, Young and McGinn should be on the bench.

NSWE. Do something. 

Don't expect Gerrard to ever play the youngsters. He has no confidence in them and will never play them. It's so disappointing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allani said:

Sorry mate but this just is not true.  We created several excellent chances in the second half.  Today's result is on one player.  He let the rest of the team down big time today.  Would I have kept him on the pitch - no.  But Young, Dougie, Coutts and Emi2 created plenty of quality moments.

Nope, not having that.  Yes Watkins had a mare but other players didn’t do their part, why haven’t they scored or created for another player other than Watkins.  A player is always likely to have a bad game and I’m no fan of Watkins but this is a team poor game today and Gerrard manages how we play, it wasn’t enough today.  

The quality was poor, the urgency wasn’t there and we are lost, we don’t have a pattern of play and most of our players are off form, that’s a coaching problem.

• Like 2

Sure we should have put the game to bed in the second half when we actually played some decent stuff in patches.

But if we're honest we have to be grateful for the sending-off -  no way we were coming away with anything at all otherwise.

15 minutes ago, kevpants said:

There was plenty of intent. Just not the ability to turn intent into product. How many poor first touches, mishit crosses, passes and shots. We had enough chances to win. Our technically poor players messed them all up. Ollie Watkins is not good enough. He needs to take his effort and industriousness somewhere else. He can't finish. It's killing us.

So why wasn't Watkins subbed then?

12 minutes ago, markc said:

I know SG will get the blame for a lot of that and I can see why,  but if Ollie  is on it today or we have a top class striker ( and in not including Ings as that as the moment) we win that comfortably 

Like Ings? Who was left on the bench for 82 minutes 

Â