Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/22 at 22:59

Archer, Archer, Archer.

How many f@cking times.

Ramsey MOM.

Buendia next. He makes things happen. He spurs the team on.

Martinez and Mings also excellent.

Coutinho, Young and McGinn should be on the bench.

NSWE. Do something. 

• Like 1

Whatever tactics we do employ its absolutely shocking, Bruce ball, hoof it up and hope someone pulls one out of the hat.

Watkins was working hard but his finishing so bad, on Gerrard for allowing that performance to continue.

Ings and Archer on 10 minutes after they went to 10 had to happen aswell. Gerrard is clueless. 

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Are you honestly still backing him?! I mean come on look at what he is serving up. **** shit. 

Watkins takes his chances in the second half and we win 3-0.  First half wasn't great.  Second half we created more than enough to win.  There is a lot that I don't like but today is on one player.  Yes maybe the manager should have taken him off but at the end of the day as a manager you have to expect your £40 million striker to find the net at least once from 4 one-on-one chances.

Shocking finishing, shocking tempo. Shocking subs and the timing of them.

Emi Buendia creates chances. The second they went to 10 he should have been on the pitch. 

But he should have been creating for ings and or Archer. 

Ollie had a shocker. It happens. Sub him off and let someone else have a go. But no. Gerrard persists with him and then is angry when he doesnt score. Thats all on Gerrard.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Not that we would have scored but why was it only 4 minutes injury time? 5 substitutions (2 of Leeds' were double swaps), a stoppage for a head injury just thats just to start with.

Yeah it should have been 6 or 7 minutes, but as you sat it would have made no difference. 

The thing that struck me the most is how often the player on the ball looking like they were struggling to invent what to do next. Not in the final third either, all over the pitch, where they should have a couple of easy options and a clear idea drummed into them as to what they should be looking to do with the ball before they even get it.

We look slow and laboured for that reason imo. Looked a poor side again, the core of this group have consistently played much, much, better than that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

No, he's not. Unbeaten in three.

Not being able to beat a team like Leeds when they played half the game with 10 men is a sackable offence after all the tripe that has gone before.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Some of you have forgot the rubbish we had under Lambert.

Some of you kept telling me Westwood was a good player.

3 1st teamers out today who would have made a difference.

The average players, who need replacing, Watkins, Ings, Bailey, are all DS signings. 

I like Poch, but I think he would struggle with some of the players we have

I count 5. Finished the game with second choice RB at left back and centre half at RB. A lot of injuries at the back. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

It was like watching a women's team playing braless.

No player on the pitch had any support.

If we had a manager that was worth his chips, we wouldn't have eleven players playing as eleven individuals instead of a team.

Our performance was better than this joke, however.

• Haha 1

Calling him Sherwood Mk2 actually does a disservice to Sherwood he's worse.

I was praying for a Leeds goal and would have been more than happy taking the L if it means him being sacked.

Id rather watch paint dry than Villa at the minute were an embarrassment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Except for that bit of Coutinho magic how many of those chances do you think seriously threatened them?

Their keeper had a mare today and we still couldnt score.

You didn't notice Olli's chances for example?

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry this is just wrong, if the manager had a clue we play the last 30 minutes with proper attacking intent....

There was plenty of intent. Just not the ability to turn intent into product. How many poor first touches, mishit crosses, passes and shots. We had enough chances to win. Our technically poor players messed them all up. Ollie Watkins is not good enough. He needs to take his effort and industriousness somewhere else. He can't finish. It's killing us.

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Archer, Archer, Archer.

How many f@cking times.

Ramsey MOM.

Buendia next. He makes things happen. He spurs the team on.

Martinez and Mings also excellent.

Coutinho, Young and McGinn should be on the bench.

NSWE. Do something. 

Said this to my missus....dirty Leeds won't have known much about Archer so throw him on ffs !!

Clueless manager who will probably say "eeeeeerm....Good to get an away point at tough venue....eeeeeerm of course disappointed we didn't score but eeeeeerm Leeds made it a bit difficult for us to eeeeeeerm break em down.....yeah of course there's disappointment in the eeeeeeeerm dressing room...."

Get rid.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yep should be celebrating the 3 points despite absolutely no quality, but now depressed with 1 point, opposition down to 10 men for 40+ minutes and absolutely no quality.

Bad day at the office again!

Sorry mate but this just is not true.  We created several excellent chances in the second half.  Today's result is on one player.  He let the rest of the team down big time today.  Would I have kept him on the pitch - no.  But Young, Dougie, Coutts and Emi2 created plenty of quality moments.

Â