January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

52 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Possibly but he’s young and has huge potential. We currently have a £20m player out on loan, under Gerrard we had our record signing playing 15 minutes per week. If he is a player Emery wants then we should sign him.

I don't think Caleb Chukwumeka is worth quite that much.

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Mind you… it’s one potential way to get Davis out… we need to sell the players that aren’t up to standard… need a squad too…

Last year he was key to Forest getting promoted, this year he has 4 in 10 so far. I don’t think his future is at Villa but finding a Championship home for him won’t be hard at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Woudl be absolutely fine with Danjuma

Obligatory crap show reel music feel free to mute.

What is it about the music on football showreels? As you say, always dire, because it features the same emo vocal with overwrought lyrics and a preset 90's trance beat. Show some imagination ffs!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

lol, I accidentally watched someone playing 10 years of Emery's Villa in Fifa 23 and this was one of his first signings.

We won 7 or so trophies btw. 😅

11 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I've heard a lot worse:). Nice to see us getting linked to players that would be potential targets for some of the other "big clubs" like Newcastle;)

I suspect that our new boss will have an idea of the top players, that could become available (particularly in Spain) and that once he has assessed the areas that we need to strengthen, we will be making our moves. These type of players won't come cheap, but they will be the sort of players that can move us into the next level, that our owners and we all, want to see our club operating in again.  

• Like 1

We definitely don't need many players one or two. 

I agree with the board that the current squad isnt being utilised to it's potential. Until we get top 8 we can't attract much better calibre than we already have. 

Think we are missing a winger to play the opposite side to bailey and recall Bertie if possible. 

The one pre-requisite to any signing, for me, is pace. We lack pace throughout the team. 

We definitely need a winger and the Sarr episode makes me think we’re in for one…with pace. That’s reassuring and shows the club perhaps recognise a lack of pace and width is an issue in our side.

Having Emery here may allow us to bring in someone better than Sarr. Are there any decent wingers in Spain available…?

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The one pre-requisite to any signing, for me, is pace. We lack pace throughout the team. 

We definitely need a winger and the Sarr episode makes me think we’re in for one…with pace. That’s reassuring and shows the club perhaps recognise a lack of pace and width is an issue in our side.

Having Emery here may allow us to bring in someone better than Sarr. Are there any decent wingers in Spain available…?

Danjuma and Chukwueze are quite fast.  Inaki Williams is the fastest in La Liga apparently,

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1