January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Anyone seem this? A couple of things .. NO " we " dont believe the boardroom should have listened to the 42 year old.

Aside from that, the more that comes out about signings,the more it seems like they realised they had f*cked up early 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone seem this? A couple of things .. NO " we " dont believe the boardroom should have listened to the 42 year old.

Aside from that, the more that comes out about signings,the more it seems like they realised they had f*cked up early 😂

Why on earth would Gerrard make Carlos vice-captain if that was true?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, daft said:

Good point 

Got no clue.

Need not feed into everything I see.

Then again, maybe it would have been Tarkowski if it were him?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ccfcman said:

That's a close to 200m euro shopping spree. Pau Torres has been with Villareal for 20 years, he's from the town - most of the European big hitters have tried and failed to prize him from there.

Chukuweze should be gettable, think he's made for premier league but he's had a few injuries in last year so progress stalled.

Danjuma massively improved since his Bournemouth days, sort of transfer Villareal do so well.

10 minutes ago, daft said:

I always assumed the plan from Gerrard was to sign two new CBs so Tarkowski would've been the second one. Sell Mings and have Konsa and Chambers as backup.

From one of the reports it seemed Tarkowski was happy to come but deal couldn't get agreed with the board. As expected he's playing very well for Everton.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This just got fun. I imagine Emery has joined on the promise he can bring in at least one or two in Jan and then a couple more in the Summer.

3 or 4 of his signings and we’ll be grand. 

January again needs to be about outs as much as ins. Sanson, Nakamba and Guilbert need to be moved on at the very least. I’d also be tempted to listen to offers for McGinn. 

I would actually be glad if we sold McGinn…nothing personal… he’s just not cut out for it on a technical level… not good enough for where we want to be and never a starter in such a side…

If the team need freshening up… he should be one of the first casualties…

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we all know by now… the last thing anyone should do is listen to that 42 year old 🤣

14 minutes ago, Icarium said:

Need some wide men, particularly if Emery wants to play 4231, we are a bailey injury away from having to put mcginn or ramsey out wide

Ramsey’s future could be at LW… our true (possibly better) JG successor…

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ramsey will never get anywhere near JG’s level.

Think that's a bit unfair as they are totally different players.

He very well could get to that " level " in his respective position / style.

Driving box to box or more attacking CM IMO

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Pau torres please !

I did joke last night about him in this thread along with a few others from Villarreal. On a serious note they seem to have some immense talent in their squad and some very exciting players.

What’s also exciting is if Emery already has his eye on one or two exciting gems in LaLiga that he can now attract to the Premier League.

It’s a league that we don’t seem to tap into for signings very often. 

• Like 1