January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

36 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lo Celso would be interesting here in front of the double pivot (sorry Emi Buendia fans), but he fits the bill. 

Lo Celso is a quality player. Still can't believe Spurs 'gave up' on him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

How quick was Danjuma's uprise, or has he always been good? I genuinely can't remember him at Bournemouth at all.

17 goals and 7 assists in 35 for them in the championship. He also missed a good chunk of the season due to an injury. He also didn’t play much at all when they were in the PL due to a fractured foot.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Thanks 1

For a nation as gifted at producing footballers as Spain, we haven't seen that many decent ones down Villa Park:

Pepe Reina
Jota
Borja Baston
Jose Crespo
Adama Traore
Carles Gil
Antonio Luna
Carlos Cuellar

A few dodgy ones there.  Hopefully Emery having an excellent knowledge of La Liga, will be able to attract a few here.

22 hours ago, Tom13 said:

How quick was Danjuma's uprise, or has he always been good? I genuinely can't remember him at Bournemouth at all.

he wasnt great in the PL, i wasnt even that impressed with him while he was in the Championship, maybe he just suits the less physical Spanish league?, or maybe he has improved vastly?

I would be concerned if he were going in for players like Damjuma.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

he wasnt great in the PL, i wasnt even that impressed with him while he was in the Championship, maybe he just suits the less physical Spanish league?, or maybe he has improved vastly?

Emery will know better than us, perhaps he has just improved as a player. He has a hefty price tag though, i'm not sure he would be worth it.

49 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We have to be sure, players can thrive in this league, talent can be misleading in a league where physicality, is modest.

application is key, we must remember that.

From what, I hear....UE is well on top of that

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have to be sure, players can thrive in this league, talent can be misleading in a league where physicality, is modest.

application is key, we must remember that.

From what, I hear....UE is well on top of that

That's true.  He did well in the Champions League though last season, 6 goals in 11 games.