January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Whos was it then?

Gerrard went to Marseille just before we signed him.

Gerrards gone now, but he didn't make bad signings, just accept it.

Okay I'll accept it. Great signings. All good young lads that will only kick on and increase in value.

• Like 1

We can’t just keep buying more players. We need to work with what we have for the rest of the season and use January as an opportunity to move some players out. If we can get high quality in January, who will make a difference, then fair enough but otherwise I would wait.

I would genuinely consider offers for all of our players except Emi 1, Carlos, Digne, Boubs and maybe Mings, If we can shift out any of the rest and use the wages/transfer fees to rebalance our squad, then we should consider decent offers for anybody else. I would not trust Lange to recruit any replacement either. Let him focus on the sales and leave purchases up to the manager.

I would also like to see us utilise more of our younger players too. Lots for the new manager to ponder.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

We need to sign a Dan Burns, Almiron, Joelinton, Wilson and a Sean Longstaff. 

Oh wait we have plenty of them in our squad! 

Disappointing we didn't get Calum Wilson in summer 2020. Him and Watkins would've been a nice duo to alternate and infact he's a better all round forward than Ollie by some distance so he'd probably have scored more given the chances Jack was creating in those times.

Proving it every week at Newcastle currently.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Disappointing we didn't get Calum Wilson in summer 2020. Him and Watkins would've been a nice duo to alternate and infact he's a better all round forward than Ollie by some distance so he'd probably have scored more given the chances Jack was creating in those times.

No doubt Wilson is the better goalscorer and that's what you want a striker to do. 

Here is some random information I discovered by accident.

Niklas Helenius was involved in 20 goals last season ( Scored 17 and assisted 3 )

And has been involved in 7 so far this season.

European Cup highlights are on in the background and I heard the commentator mention him ( Against West Ham )

File him under " useless players " who have left and forged decent careers and even get a look in Europe. lol

As you all know, his most endearing memory here was having his pants pulled down.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We didn't want to pay him £100k a week for 4 year contract with 5th year option up to the player and he's been injured a lot since the move. I have zero problem not signing him

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We didn't want to pay him £100k a week for 4 year contract with 5th year option up to the player and he's been injured a lot since the move. I have zero problem not signing him

Ironically if Gerrard was the manager when he was moving and we were in for him you can bet your bottom dollar that we’d have stumped up the contract - as he was ‘ready made’.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes would have loved him but sensibly we didn't sign him.

Wrong age . Big wages. Long deal. No resale.

That was when we did things relatively right. If it wad last season we'd have signed him 125k 4 years plus 1 option.

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes would have loved him but sensibly we didn't sign him.

Wrong age . Big wages. Long deal. No resale.

That was when we did things relatively right. If it wad last season we'd have signed him 125k 4 years plus 1 option.

Good job we signed decent players instead like….. hang on babe to google his name….. Ally Samatta 

Lets not forget smith signed some shit players as well not just gerrard.  Wesley, watkins (im putting him in the shit category as well.  A one season wonder) nakamba to name a few.

We really need to start spending money wisely and stop spending on players that are not good enough

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets not forget smith signed some shit players as well not just gerrard.  Wesley, watkins (im putting him in the shit category as well.  A one season wonder) nakamba to name a few.

We really need to start spending money wisely and stop spending on players that are not good enough

Suso signed 2 of them