January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

On 27/10/2022 at 23:39, ender4 said:

Well yes but let’s be realistic.  

We have a bloated squad with some bloated salaries for players we can’t even give away and have to send them to Turkey whilst part paying wages.

I think it’ll be 1 out, 1 in this January and not a lot in transfer funds or increase in wages.  

Let’s remember that Gerrard has spent £170m on transfer fees and committed wages for the next 4 years.  

Yes and No.  

They aren’t going to convince Emery to come and also the additional expense and ambition and then restrict him straight from the beginning.  I think it’ll be a softer version of what you are trying to say where he’ll get a decent transfer kitty to bring in the players he wants, as a secondary he’ll be looking to sell players he feels aren’t needed. I don’t think it’s one in and one out.  I think he’ll be supported with his players upfront but he needs to assess the squad and transition some of them out over the coming transfer windows.  I think we’ll get more bloated before it gets reduced after he’s had good time to assess the squad.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2022 at 17:20, It's Your Round said:

I honestly don’t want to sign Sarr. From everything I’ve read he’s really struggled to get back to his best form prior to his injury. I also believe there’s a reason why he’s still at Watford. I think we can do better. 

Inconsistent.

consistency has to be a pre-requisite, moving forward.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

Inconsistent.

consistency has to be a pre-requisite, moving forward.

What consistency do you expect for £25 million????? (Which is nothing in todays market) 

There isn't many consistent wingers in the world of football and the ones that are cost a hell of a lot of money

For example Antony and Sancho cost Manchester United a combined fee of £159 Million and so far have produced 6 goals and 1 assist in all competitions for them this season. 

On 26/10/2022 at 17:20, It's Your Round said:

I honestly don’t want to sign Sarr. From everything I’ve read he’s really struggled to get back to his best form prior to his injury. I also believe there’s a reason why he’s still at Watford. I think we can do better. 

Sarr would be a very intelligent CHEAP signing! Pace defenders struggle with. Proven in the PL. Only 24. You know what you going to get. 5 goals and 3 assists in 12 Championship games doesn't tell me he's struggling? 

Danjuma 2 years ago finished his Championship season with Bournemouth on 15 goals and 7 assists. 
I'd rather spend £25Million on Sarr then on £45-50 on Danjuma.

Could easily get rid of a handful of players the likes of McGinn, Watkins, Konsa and Coutinho, all apart from coutinho would bring in some decent funds and replace with a lot better as I have more trust in giving Unai money than I ever did with Gerrard 

• Like 1

Shall we dispel this nonsense about Gerrard not buying good players. Kamara and Carlos are our best players, PC, despite not being on top of his game, is still a fantastic player, Digne is better than Targett and Dendonker, Young and Chambers are good solid players.

We overpaid for Jacks replacements, Luiz and Mcginn are what they are, cheap midfielders, as is Sansom.

I'd rather have Gerrards players than DSs. But hey he is gone know, i think the problems he inherited are still there. Emery was about as good as we could attract, so we have to have faith in him.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Shall we dispel this nonsense about Gerrard not buying good players. Kamara and Carlos are our best players, PC, despite not being on top of his game, is still a fantastic player, Digne is better than Targett and Dendonker, Young and Chambers are good solid players.

We overpaid for Jacks replacements, Luiz and Mcginn are what they are, cheap midfielders, as is Sansom.

I'd rather have Gerrards players than DSs. But hey he is gone know, i think the problems he inherited are still there. Emery was about as good as we could attract, so we have to have faith in him.

Get out of here Jamie 

We've bought a load of players at the wrong age, with contracts we will never shift and we won't recoup a penny.

5 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Who?

PC is completely finished at PL level. We'll be paying him to leave. The 17m fee is already write off.

Digne is 10m and 80k a week better than Targett? He's not. He has no legs now. Good luck with that in 2 years.

Carlos. I dont know. I'm not a fan of spending 30m on thirty year olds. Neither was Purslow before Gerrard came. 

Dendoncker wasn't a Gerrard signing. That was the club turning the tap off on Gerrard.

Sanson 14m signing who had his value tanked by Gerrard's agenda.

The shift to 'ready made' and 'increasing the age of the squad' was absolutely madness. Irresponsible and completely against everything we supposedly believe in...and for what....Steven Gerrard?

Our business since Gerrard came in has been abhorrent. It was before, but at least it was rational.

Edit : Chambers. Good pick up. Not if you don't use him. Waste.

Young. Smith signing on reasonable wages and can cover positions.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

PC is completely finished at PL level. We'll be paying him to leave. The 17m fee is already write off.

Digne is 10m and 80k a week better than Targett? He's not. He has no legs now. Good luck with that in 2 years.

Carlos. I dont know. I'm not a fan of spending 30m on thirty year olds. Neither was Purslow before Gerrard came. 

Dendoncker wasn't a Gerrard signing. That was the club turning the tap off on Gerrard.

Sanson 14m signing who had his value tanked by Gerrard's agenda.

PC is 30 and in the Brazil squad, with Ings and Watkins in front of him.

Digne is not better than Targett?.....ok we beg to differ   French International

Carlos will prove to be a good signing, 30 is nothing nowadays Thiago Silva is as good as anyone in the league. You would easily get your money back

Dendonker not a Gerrard signing?  How do you know?

Sansom?..bought by DS, never played by DS?...is he our saviour now?

You forgot Kamara, who probably cost £30/40m. or does that not suit your arguement?

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

PC is 30 and in the Brazil squad, with Ings and Watkins in front of him.

Digne is not better than Targett?.....ok we beg to differ   French International

Carlos will prove to be a good signing, 30 is nothing nowadays Thiago Silva is as good as anyone in the league. You would easily get your money back

Dendonker not a Gerrard signing?  How do you know?

Sansom?..bought by DS, never played by DS?...is he our saviour now?

You forgot Kamara, who probably cost £30/40m. or does that not suit your arguement?

Kamara wasn't a Gerrard signing. No chance.

Anyone can spend 120k on a left back and improve Targett but is he actually an 80k improvement. Is that value for money? Is that doing right by the football club?

Edited by rodders0223