January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

25 minutes ago, VillaLion63 said:

Well you'd think that is the type of player Emery will want. Remains to see if the board can get them in.

It will be interesting to see what kind of player he likes. From what I can gather (please correct me if I am wrong) he has not really been at a club where he was backed to any large degree? He took over at clubs with various players and made it work.

Happily here he WILL be backed. I am excited to see what additions he looks for. 

4 hours ago, RicRic said:

This is how i would like us to look under Unai Emery after the January window 🤝

Buendia and Pino further forward of course but that would be an excellent line up to charge up with moving into the second stage of the season 😍

92196A0D-2C02-459F-84F0-B0FBB8C7067C.thumb.jpeg.15b582a78493d0611a25adae27161d86.jpeg

No chance Carlos comes back that quickly. The man suffered the worst injury an athlete can possibly get, he needs time. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Possibly but he’s young and has huge potential. We currently have a £20m player out on loan, under Gerrard we had our record signing playing 15 minutes per week. If he is a player Emery wants then we should sign him.

Do you realise how many players are actually WORTH 60m?

How many transfers of that size actually justify the fee? - very few

2 hours ago, trillvillan said:

No chance Carlos comes back that quickly. The man suffered the worst injury an athlete can possibly get, he needs time. 

I did say after January window and not during 😉

Edited by RicRic

Pino is a very promising young talent one of the most highly rated in Spain after Pedri. 
Do we need another right winger? Pino would just be a better version of Buendia for me and cost around £50-£70 Mil. 

If we are to splash the cash I would go for Mykhaylo Mudryk. 21 years of age and a left winger. Also looks like we Shakhtar Donetsk will be going out of the Champions League. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trillvillan said:

Best case scenario for an athlete recovering from an Achilles rupture after surgery/rehab to returning to full time training is 7 months, and that's with modern medicine.  For context, the best wide receiver prospect in last year's NFL draft, Jameson Williams, had the same injury in the college football playoffs and has been out since January.  He's still around a month away from being cleared to play in the NFL for the first time, ~11 months after he was injured.  Carlos won't be back this season...  Best case for him is to be ready for preseason this summer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Would love it if we managed to sign pino and Torres from Villarreal, both superb players who would easily get in the starting eleven 

Well yes but let’s be realistic.  

We have a bloated squad with some bloated salaries for players we can’t even give away and have to send them to Turkey whilst part paying wages.

I think it’ll be 1 out, 1 in this January and not a lot in transfer funds or increase in wages.  

Let’s remember that Gerrard has spent £170m on transfer fees and committed wages for the next 4 years.  

Only worry with Pino is how young he is.

Can remember Spurs signing Bryan Gil two years back. After six months they loaned him to Valencia and this season he's just been warming the bench.

Perhaps Pino is more robust but Fornals at West Ham is another who needed a year to bulk up and get used to the pace and different style.

Chukuweze is one who is more likely to hit the ground running.

Pino is a very interesting shout. Will almost be certain that we are going to sign another winger -- probably one who is more right sided, but who knows. 

It looks extremely unbalanced that we have one senior winger in the squad at the minute, thanks Stevie. 

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Pino is a very interesting shout. Will almost be certain that we are going to sign another winger -- probably one who is more right sided, but who knows. 

It looks extremely unbalanced that we have one senior winger in the squad at the minute, thanks Stevie. 

We nearly signed one before the window closed, only Gerrard supposedly cancelled the deal. Shows that we were interested in signing a winger.

• Like 1

Cody Gakpo for £26m wouldn't be the worst target if that release figure is correct. Can't say I've watched him all that much but what I've seen has been pretty impressive.

He's also pretty tall so he ticks that box...