January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Happy New Year! 

With long term injuries to our top summer signings Diego Carlos and Kamara, we are basically playing the same starting 11 who finished (poorly) last season off for us.

Who would you like us to sign to improve the squad in January? 
How much budget do you think we will have to spend? 

With the loss of Carney C- Alex Scott would be a great replacement and signing. 
Kouadio Kone from Borussia Mönchengladbach or Ibrahim Sangaré from PSV would strengthen the starting 11 and midfield.
Mykhaylo Mudryk should be our TOP Target- The flying winger from Ukraine.

Edited by messi11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The new manager will want a proper winger to provide balance seeing as we've stupidly sold or loaned all of ours bar Bailey 

If he's a modern attacking wide man goalscorer like Mane, Salah, Bowen etc then even better, forget Watkins or Ings for a moment who other than Ramsey has any danger of scoring more than 5 goals this season? We don't have goals in this team

Not sure who that player is though 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The new manager will want a proper winger to provide balance seeing as we've stupidly sold or loaned all of ours bar Bailey 

If he's a modern attacking wide man goalscorer like Mane, Salah, Bowen etc then even better, forget Watkins or Ings for a moment who other than Ramsey has any danger of scoring more than 5 goals this season? We don't have goals in this team

Mykhaylo Mudryk PLEASEEEEE

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Diaby or Nkunku from Bundesliga would be brilliant but I suspect both are destined for higher things. Still if Bailey can't kick on once more he's someone who a few would like back in Bundesliga so could be a bargaining chip.

I'd always liked Kramaric from Hoffenheim aswell, can play CF or wide and has had solid goals ratio for quite a few seasons, perhaps he's not keen to move back to prem after his stint at Leicester though. Brekalo is another who looked good a few years back for Wolfsburg but seems to have stagnated since.

i think this is the first ever transfer thread where i have just looked at it, sat back, and rolled my eyes.

It really doesnt matter to me who we bring in while Gerrard is here, his s*** tactics and formation will drag almost any player down.

If my Christmas present is Gerrard gone, maybe we can have a positive January where we buy players for an entirely new, and not sh** formation and set of tactics, under a new, not fraud manager.

• Like 2

Too early to speak about that. We still need to figure who’s in charge by then, where are we in the table by then. If we still have a good chance for Europe or we need to avoid relegation then look at short term solutions. If not then we need to look at a long term solutions.

We still have an ok squad. We were ok last season with Nakamba. Our regress was after him being out. Now we have him and Leander. We’re still better than last season squad wise. But management wise we’re in a big mess.

• Like 1

Right Back:
Jose Angel Carmona- 15 Mil

Left Wingers:
Mykhaylo Mudryk- £25 Mil

Cody Gakpo- £40 Mil 

Centre Midfielders:
Kone Kouadio- £25 MilI
Ibrahim Sangare- £35 Mil
Yunus Musah- 15-20 Mil 
Alex Scott- £30 Mil

Strikers: 
David Datro Fofana- 5-10Mil
Rasmus Hojlund- 10 Mil
Andrej Ilic- 5-10 Mil
Raimonds Krollis-  5-10 Mil

Any of these please

On 17/09/2022 at 23:31, Villaphan04 said:

echo the Alex Scott shout, would be a top, top signing

He’s the closest thing to Grealish I’ve seen. Obviously not as good, but plays in an almost identical fashion. 

I think he’d be a top signing.

Unfortunately, our squad is still bloated though. The next two windows are going to be about who we can shift as much as it is about who we’ll sign. Personally, I think the club would listen to offers for both Buendia and Bailey. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s the closest thing to Grealish I’ve seen. Obviously not as good, but plays in an almost identical fashion. 

I think he’d be a top signing.

Unfortunately, our squad is still bloated though. The next two windows are going to be about who we can shift as much as it is about who we’ll sign. Personally, I think the club would listen to offers for both Buendia and Bailey. 

I would hope we don't sell either Buendia or Bailey.

Under a new manager, playing a normal formation with width, these player become key. We need to utilise them in the right way before writing them on completely. Traore should also be given a chance to come back in January, as we are very limited in wide players right now.

• Like 4