Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It makes sense.

Just making up the numbers here and given the cheap goals Saints give away from set pieces like Ollie's winner he can surely make a difference there.

Would assume Carlos will be back involved within four weeks so don't think we'll be signing anyone to replace him. Dendoncker played a few times for Wolves at the back so he will be emergency option in case of endless injuries.

He also played there a couple of times for Belgium at the World Cup I think? Anyway, between Chambers and him and with Carlos on the horizon I don't think we should waste a squad space on a direct replacement. 

• Like 1

Wasn't really pointless, ensured we had 4 CBs still while Carlos was out injured and now goes back with him closer to fitness + with the likes of Dendoncker, Kamara that could cover in the event Villa were really stuck.

Will be one of those that you forget even happened in a couple of years time but he came in useful at times all the same.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

As far as half of VT are concerned a player is only any use if he plays 10 or something games in a PL season. 

The concept of having a large squad to cope with unforseen injuries is lost on people. 

The concept of Villa having deep cup runs to warrant a large squad is lost on the supporters.

It wasn't a pointless signing, but from the perspective of Southampton and Bednarek, it was a waste, you're never going to be happy having your squad players out on loan never actually playing, and he must be frustrated at not getting a kick

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm so we have only chambers as cover at the moment.  Risky

Although dendonker and kamara can play there i guess but wouldnt give me much confidence 

Diego will be bak soon

46 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I was sat at half time in the Leeds game watching him and Nakamba keep warm. 

Naka was smashing the ball 50 yards at him, he took it on the volley, controlled, 2 or 3 keepy uppies and launched a sumptuous volley back at Naka pin point over 50 yards. Ball never touched the floor. 

Did this repeatedly for 15 mins. Never missed one. 

Gets on the pitch and looks like a league 2 donkey!

I see this a lot. Players in warmups or at BH repeatedly demonstrate insane ball skills. In match conditions they either never even attempt it, or if they do they screw it up and quickly revert to 'play it safe'. I can only think it's down to mentality - fear of messing up in front of a crowd and consequent loss of confidence. It's what sets apart the Bests, Cruyffs, Gazzas and Maradonnas - total self-confidence and fearlessness. Only a very select few have it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I see this a lot. Players in warmups or at BH repeatedly demonstrate insane ball skills. In match conditions they either never even attempt it, or if they do they screw it up and quickly revert to 'play it safe'. I can only think it's down to mentality - fear of messing up in front of a crowd and consequent loss of confidence. It's what sets apart the Bests, Cruyffs, Gazzas and Maradonnas - total self-confidence and fearlessness. Only a very select few have it. 

This was the whole 'do it in training' moan from a few years back.

I'd rather them do it on the pitch!

Â