Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Still a rubbish signing along with Dendoncker.  I said at the time they would be poor signings and would be back up as best and it’s no surprise both are.  Desperation at the end of window. 

Bednarek I can understand a little more...you want 4 healthy centre backs and with Diego Carlos out, we had only 3. He was OK to have as cover on loan for a season. Moving him ahead of Chambers is what is questionable.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dubbs said:

At least it's only a loan.  We've got Dendonker for a few years yet.

If this truly is like the Jenas & Hutton double act with one on loan and one on permanent that later becomes a cult hero this means Dendockinginat1400 is ballin in the championship for us soon. Silver linings.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I do wonder whether we will terminate the loan in January and get a cb in.

I think now we have emery we need to aim for a higher calibre than bednarek

Looked like he was warming up to come on when Mings was clutching his hamstring.

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Completely forgot he was here.  The reason of loaning him in and loaning Hause out was?.....

Gerrard wanted international experience because that = elite…….

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I do wonder whether we will terminate the loan in January and get a cb in.

I think now we have emery we need to aim for a higher calibre than bednarek

It depends on Diego Carlos fitness. If he looks like he'll be back playing in Jan then we'll have 4 fit CBs and Kamara/Dendocker as cover too

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Completely forgot he was here.  The reason of loaning him in and loaning Hause out was?.....

Hause wanted to play football and get a permanent move elsewhere for his career. 

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Gerrard wanted international experience because that = elite…….

He wanted to weaken Southampton so he'd have a shot at that job once he was found out at Villa :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hause wanted to play football and get a permanent move elsewhere for his career. 

Why did he sign a new 3.5 year deal then in January when his contract was up in the summer though we had an option of a year

• 1 month later...
Â