Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They bought bella-kotchap who is better than him, then bought caleta car who is also better than him 

Both were £10m

Bella Kotchap looks very good.

Still don't get why we never went for Caleta Carr for what 5 mill?

I guess the thinking might have been League experience and immediately ready.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-player-rated-worst-performer-international-given-just-310/

Thursday evening saw the big test as Poland faced the Netherlands at home in the Nations League. They lost that match 2-0, and Polish newspaper Przeglad Sportowy rated Bednarek’s performance as worthy of just 3/10, the worst on the pitch.

Of course, there’s the belief that a lack of minutes at Aston Villa is the reason.

I didn't watch the game but was he that bad?

• Haha 2

I watched the game. The truth is, he was a classic Bednarek. Not too involved, a few tackles/clearances.

Poland is absolutely dreadful, it's Bruce ball esque. Bednarek wasn't to be blamed (didn't do well enough for first goal though), but he did not shine either. 2.5/10. 

Everyone talked about lack of minutes for him which isnt a big issue as he only had one chance to play so far against city. 

He is a fine back up. Nothing more. 

55 minutes ago, a-k said:

"Of course, there’s the belief that a lack of minutes at Aston Villa is the reason."

Been eligible to play one game for us, but sure that must be it

Yeah, and that game was against Man City only a couple of days after he signed. What a strange thing to say!

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

thought he was fine, solid if not spectacular.

He came on at a point when we weren't going to be tested much with the red so it's a comfortable game to be solid in e.g. no pressure on him when he had the ball so his pass completion must've been quite high.

One thing I didn't like was him being turned and comfortably beaten right at the end by Bamford, luckily that shot got blocked over but that shows his weakness there.

• 3 weeks later...
Â