Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

Looked poor, but i think its fair to provide some slight mitigation in that the manager again played 3 forwards with then both McGinn and Ramsey in midfield.

As expected by everyone except the manager, this left gaping holes that allowed Fulham to overload Luiz and the defence.

6 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Did any thought or plan go into this signing?

Just a bang average player who isn't an improvement on anyone in the squad. 

But taller, some people think that's all that matters.

Reading the thread predictably majority were against the signing and yesterdays performance tells you why; I have no idea how the club thought he was the answer for any question really. I guess the question is was this on Gerrard or more worrying Lange? Still a lot of problems outside of Gerrard going if this is the type of recruitment that gets the thumbs up. It was a poor signing from the outset.

54 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Am I the only one that didn’t think he was that bad yesterday? 

I thought he was ok in a horrible team performance. When you have skilful well coached players attacking you all the time when you don't play for weeks you are going to be rusty.

I thought that in circumstances he wasn't that bad. 

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Back up Southampton defender in not very good player shock

He wasn't back up, he played every game for the last 3 seasons and wanted to move this summer, hence they didn't play him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

He wasn't back up, he played every game for the last 3 seasons and wanted to move this summer, hence they didn't play him. 

Still a rubbish signing along with Dendoncker.  I said at the time they would be poor signings and would be back up as best and it’s no surprise both are.  Desperation at the end of window. 

• Like 2

Â