Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, useless said:

Nathan Jones already calling him 'Janny B' at press conference today, sounds like he's going to play a big part in second half of the season for them.

It makes sense. In three of the last four games for them they've conceded from set pieces v us, at Everton and also from a late corner against Fulham.

Bednarek may be limited but that's his big strength so him and Salisu gives them a stronger feel than what they presently have.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mings

followed by Tammy and El Ghazi. Robbie Keane honourable mention

Feel like Tammy was more instrumental in getting us promoted than Mings was. Both key, but I'd go Tammy out of those two.

I'd put Pepe Reina up there to be honest.  He kept us in the league and potentially avoided us being set back another few years at the time.

3 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Who is the best loan signing we have ever had in your opinion?

Got to be Benito Carbone hasnt it?

A lot of the ones from the promotion season worked out. Tammy, Mings, Tuanzebe.

Reina played a role in keeping us up. Keane's short loan spell was pivotal.

Ilori is so obvious I feel guilty bringing him up.

Edited by Hornso
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Feel like Tammy was more instrumental in getting us promoted than Mings was. Both key, but I'd go Tammy out of those two.

I'd put Pepe Reina up there to be honest.  He kept us in the league and potentially avoided us being set back another few years at the time.

We juat got smashed 3-0 at Wigan and were going nowhere when Mings signed and were qbout 12th. Its probably the most inspiring signing in last 10/20 years for us his impact

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

We juat got smashed 3-0 at Wigan and were going nowhere when Mings signed and were qbout 12th. Its probably the most inspiring signing in last 10/20 years for us his impact

Absolutely...but Tammy scored 25 goals (17 in the league), the highest scorer we'd had in about 40 years. Very easy to argue that without either we were going nowhere, hence why I said they were both key.

Maybe on the basis we signed Mings after suggests his loan was more successful. Both great loans.

Janny B... not so much

Edited by MrBlack

13 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Who is the best loan signing we have ever had in your opinion?

Got to be Benito Carbone hasnt it?

Kyle Walker had a great half season as well

Edited by Tegis
half, not full
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I don't even know what conversation this is referring too, but my feeling is you don't have the importance of one without the other. Mings changed everything in our mentality when he came in.

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

I don't even know what conversation this is referring too, but my feeling is you don't have the importance of one without the other. Mings changed everything in our mentality when he came in.

The convo came from Bednarek being a largely pointless loan (ultimately), and extending to what our best loan ever had been.

Your point was already made and it is a valid one. Given we've not had a goal scorer like Tammy for the 40 years prior or the years since I felt he had the edge. Can see the argument for Mings though, and given we then signed him after then maybe it was the better loan.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mings was a great loanee but the upturn in form didn’t happen for another month when golden bollocks came back from injury.

On 23/01/2023 at 23:12, Zatman said:

Mings

followed by Tammy and El Ghazi. Robbie Keane honourable mention

Do you know what?

Even though I know full well El Ghazi and Mings were loans… and in retrospect you’re right… I completely forgot they were loans simply because they signed permanently the summer we got promoted…

But yeah… all of those (aside from Robbie Keane IMO) were better loans than Carbone

• 2 weeks later...
Â