Ratings & Reactions: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/22 at 22:59

6 minutes ago, Thug said:

Arteta has balls.

He wasn’t picking superstars and was weeding them out of the club for the benefit of the team.

Pretty much. Gerrard is more inclined to sign an Aubameyang then get shot of him.

Purslow too for that matter.

We need more lads. More experience and more money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, May-Z said:

It felt like ll three strikers touched the ball less than 10 times altogether so the issue is getting them in the game against teams sitting back. Coutinho and Buendia were meant to be the answers to this. Phil was useless today, Buendia buzzed around more but still didn't provide enough guile. 

Yes, you can't really blame the strikers. Ings had a good first 10 minutes before Bournemouth settled down. After that, none of them had any service.

Edited by TomC
Fixed typo

That was as bad as it gets for me, well beaten by a championship club and never looked like scoring. I’ve given Gerrard time and been patient but that was disgraceful. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Jacob Ramsey being one of the first names on the team sheet is a big problem for Villa. Ok as a sub but not first team material yet. 

The issue is mcginn and Ramsey. Both have the exact same issues. Though at least with ramsey I can believe in his potential. 

Another thrilling 90 mins of Gerrardball is it? 😂

As bad as anything we saw last season. Had a pre season, got his players in, appointed his captain, and still no semblance of anything we're working towards. Said it before and say it again, he'd be nowhere near this job on the basis of his managerial record alone. 

• Like 4

A loss wouldn't have been a problem. 

But to lose whilst showing no cohesion, no urgency, no vision, no creativity, no quality, and no movement. That's a problem. 

Everton game better be worth my time going to it. If McGinn and Coutinho start I won't be happy.

18 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Both our billionaire owners invest heavily in professional sports teams. Of course they know something about football.

So why appoint Gerrard if they are so knowledgeable?

14 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ve not seen the game. But arteta last season springs to mind, arsenal fans would have got rid up until 6 games into the season. Things may not turn out well but it’s possible. 

“I’ve not seen the game but…” seriously mate some of us have just watched that turgid display.  It’s hard to be hopeful 10 minutes after that game

Abysmal!!! Horrible to watch we  just looked so awkward and i had zero confidence when we had possession.. Coutinho was non existent and has to offer more , mcginn apart from a couple times when he does that low turn and spins off did f**k all , Buendia come on and gave the ball away how many times!!!! and reacted too slow when received the ball so he ends up losing it, he put in one decent ball near the end and that was about it, Ings looked lost but not all his fault, bailey started off quite bright but then faded off , kamara handled himself quite well and looked tidy …. Other than Cash the defence has PLENTY work to do.

Ramsey was just okay and only given 45 mins to showcase anything, We had no identity and looked way off it and made Bournemouth look like the established prem team, we need to be much much much harder to play against we have no steel whatsoever, we need to bring someone in immediately as that midfield needs a new baller… watkins looked okay when he came on didnt do much but just looked more comfortable compared to the rest who looked so clueless and lost it was hard to watch

luiz is our most composed midfielder but lacks to offer many of the elements required unfortunately but i felt better when he came on he offers us a bit more control.

im not calling for his head or hounding him out but i dont know if Gerrard has any solid tactical game plan and it just looks from here like hes trying all sorts… im grateful for his contribution and bringing in after today ‘so called world class stars’ but if we could get Graham Potter in the door tomorrow id bite off your arm (suarez in disguise) 

• Like 3

i thought it would be really, really difficult to stoop to levels of epic fail that was the Watford game last year.

However, we have out-done ourselves and matched it.

Absolutely diabolical.

Completely unacceptable.

• Haha 1

He's had the pre-season and purchased players. No time for any more excuses. Need to see results and an improvement in style straight away. We should have won today, our squad is leagues ahead of Bournemouth's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

It's fine. We'll just start a table from x date. It's okay. Gerrard is xth in the league from xth date!

We just lost to Bournemouth..... 3 wins from the last 12

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

“I’ve not seen the game but…” seriously mate some of us have just watched that turgid display.  It’s hard to be hopeful 10 minutes after that game

Just being honest really. I’m already on the fence with Gerrard but just a thought I had 

Â