Ratings & Reactions: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/22 at 22:59

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not an excuse in the slightest, however, from manager to manager, our team are just too bloody small.

We get destroyed by any team with big players.

I dread facing the likes of West Ham who are both big AND can play 🤦🏿‍♂️

We missed Ming's 

Are they really? Coutinho and Buendia are tiny, and Archer. The others can’t be excused with being small.

Our biggest player was on the bench however, Mings would have been useful at their second goal.

20 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm completely indifferent. We'll sack him, look ok for a bit when the new person comes in and then go back to the same shit.

It is the hope that kills me. I was genuinely thinking we'd get off a great start today with a convincing win. 

21 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ve not seen the game. But arteta last season springs to mind, arsenal fans would have got rid up until 6 games into the season. Things may not turn out well but it’s possible. 

Mate I've been a massive supporter of Gerrard but it was/is bloody worrying.

Not just the performance, but also the decision making around it.

I can't even properly express how dissappointed I am.

I'd have taken a draw or a loss even, under different circumstances, but that was truly awful

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Icarium said:

As an overseas fan who can't be at the next game to express my feelings directly, all i want to hear through the broadcast next week is 90mins of "you don't know what you're doing" being chanted at Gerrard 

Great idea :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

So why appoint Gerrard if they are so knowledgeable?

There was nothing good about today's game, and Gerrard has put himself under a lot of pressure already, but that still doesn't back up your point that the owners "know nothing about football".

They've taken a risk on a high-profile manager, and whatever happens with his tenure, the club is still in good hands.

The owners are not where our concerns need be.

• Like 4

Coutinho is a passenger.

We we’re doing just fine before he arrived

Gerrard is pinning his managerial career on him doing 1 piece of magic per 90 minutes, sacrificing team cohesion as a result.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not an excuse in the slightest, however, from manager to manager, our team are just too bloody small.

We get destroyed by any team with big players.

I dread facing the likes of West Ham who are both big AND can play 🤦🏿‍♂️

We missed Ming's 

Yeah but Gerrard has brought quite a few players now and it’s hard to keep blaming previous managers.  If he felt that was a problem why hasn’t he tried to rectify it.

1 minute ago, Icarium said:

Its not like it will make us worse though is it?

The aim is to help make us better. 

The reality is that trying to force a manager out after one game, is A. Not going to happen. B. Creates a massive advantage to the opposition. 

Today was very disappointing, both for the result and the manner of the result. However we have to hope that SG and therefore us, can turn this around. Because the club have made some big decisions and made big investments and those decisions, whether they’re right or wrong can’t be easily undone in the short term. So we have to do our best with what we have and hope that perhaps this is a one off, poor, first game result. I’m sure you don’t want us to lose so we can sack the manager. 

I’d imagine that Mr Purslow isn’t going to have a particularly good night’s sleep though. This sort of performance generally only have a short life span before changes of some sort become more inevitable than forced. 

Holding a newly promoted side to just 2 goals in their own backyard and out-possessing them 66-34. Gotta be happy with that. Great to have the football back. Gives you a great boost of a weekend 🙄🙄

Imagine going into the home game with Everton actually nervous about the result now. There better be changes off the back of this. It doesn't work often enough. Not many positives but Kamara was one of them.

• Like 2

I’ve always actually been very positive about gerrard as I really did hope his football brain would do us wonders. Actually, I think I was just seduced by him bringing int Coutinho in January but actually what has he done? His record has been abysmal and his team selections are baffling. 

• Like 1

Gerrard will whine and cry that he needs more money for more and better reinforcements, yet Scott Parker with less money and less talent out-coached Gerrard. You can argue that Smith would have had a better result today because at least the team would've come out more lively. 

• Like 2

Garbage

Kamara looks decent but we need a horrible dirty bastard in the side to do some dirty work whilst the rest pussy foot about worried about ruining their hair 

only one game but I’d already be checking with Pochettino‘s agent to see if he is interested 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The issue is mcginn and Ramsey. Both have the exact same issues. Though at least with ramsey I can believe in his potential. 

With someone who is composed and solid in possession beside Kamara, there would be room for Ramsey to play a bit more risky. But McGinn and Ramsey together doesn’t work.

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

There was nothing good about today's game, and Gerrard has put himself under a lot of pressure already, but that still doesn't back up your point that the owners "know nothing about football".

They've taken a risk on a high-profile manager, and whatever happens with his tenure, the club is still in good hands.

The owners are not where our concerns need be.

I just want to clarify that you mean ‘a manager with a high profile’ rather than a ‘high-profile manager’

There was nothing high profile about his management until we started stuffing notes into his bank account for winning a Mickey Mouse league.

Diabolical decision making from Purslow.  For what we’re paying him, could’ve got someone who had proven he actually knew what he was doing.

• Like 1

Â