Ratings & Reactions: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/22 at 22:59

Surely the game plan against Bournemouth is to get it out wide and keep crossing the ball. They’ve been doing it over and over again and it’s not like they’re under a ton of pressure so it must be deliberate. 

How they’ve looked at the players and consciously decided to do it is beyond me. They must have stolen the opposition game plan and tried to apply it.

• Like 1

I just don't understand how we are always out thought - They just defended with a low block and hit long hopeful balls.

We tried all game to hoof it into the box while playing with tiny supposedly skillful players. Baffling how obvious it seems.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

The experiment has failed.

Pochettino is available.

Can guarantee it wouldn’t be 2-0 if Pochettino was in charge, at least he has a style of play, I couldn’t even tell you what gerrard tries to play 

Just now, Pissflaps said:

The question is could someone like Pochettino say get more out of this team.

The answer is yes. Dean Smith could. Pretty sure Lambert could. 

• Like 1

We deserved to lose.

Well played Bournemouth, they played with pace, courage and conviction despite their limited ability, which shows it's all about attitude.

Aston Villa played in the opposite way, which tells you the manager is living a Liverpool fantasy that doesn't apply to Aston Villa. 

W.A.N.K.

I’ve finally lost faith. 

1) We have no style of play. 

2) Mings is better than Konsa.

3) Beundia is better than Coutinho 

4) Our worst midfielder has been made captain. 

This Bournemouth result is awful. Though Watford went down last season I thought they were very good on the first game last season and deserved the win. I don’t see the same thing today, I just see one poor team beating another. 

This is shit. 

Edited by av1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'll give him time. I liked the starting 11. I liked the sub he made but today was utterly woeful. 

The worry for me is we are 10 months in and I've not seen a single thing that's made me think it was worth throwing Smith away for. 

We're very much  good on paper team rather than grass though.

Coutinho-Ings-Bailey looks incredibly dangerous on paper but they hardly linked up at all and barely created a serious chance.

We know how flawed the midfield generally is when pressed and put under pressure and reality is one injury to Kamara and we're back to same options we've had last three seasons.

I don't think majority of us are asking for anything amazing, probably 9th-10th with a decent cup run but we look miles off even that when yet again we can't get basics right.

• Like 1

Play like this the majority of the next few months it's new manager time. Problem is I don't trust the people in charge to make a good appointment. After all they appointed Gerrard. 

What happens to all the players that signed to play under him? Potentially huge problems coming.

• Like 1

Â