Ratings & Reactions: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/22 at 22:59

Martinez fine

Carlos meh

Cash gash

Digne meh

Coutinho sad and weak

Ramsey vacant

McMeatball sloppy and slow 

Kamara composed and switched on

Ings decent

Bailey bright start, faded in 2nd half

On this set up and display, expect more misery.

Gerrard digging himself a hole already 

I never wanted him as manager in the first place, we all knew it was Purslew fangirl fawning over him but okay give him a chance. But truth is that Gerrard is out of his depth and we need a proper manager with experience at managing a big club in ENGLAND. Seriously. Sack him now and get Pocchetino in whatever it costs. Someone who can organise a side and stamp an identity on a side. We are clueless and have been most of last season under both Smith and him too. I'd get rid of McGinn too. It's no significance that players under both managers are still crap. I'm fuming. We knew Bournemouth would be no walk in the park but that was relegation football from Villa. We created nothing in the second half. And we seriously lack height now Mings has been dropped. Our strikeforce is toothless and we have absolutely no pattern of play. Disgraceful considering the fanfare of oh look we got our business down early so we could have a proper preseason, and they produce that!??! And we weren't great in preseason either. A continuation of the apathetic Gerrard era continues. Get rid. Give Pocch whatever he wants and let's get a proper manager in who knows this league.

• Like 1

We don't do well away to promoted teams in the first game do we? That never looked like changing today. Possession alone doesn't win games and we never looked like scoring. Three points dropped!:(

image.jpeg.d9de04bfc9c9994e5f4660f0391ddb9a.jpeg

The whole of pre-season was spent getting ready for that match.

The decision that the best way you can stop a team pretty decent in the air and with a 6 ft 4 giant striker (who scored) was to take the player best at heading the ball out of our team (Mings).

Ramsey/McGinn just look too lightweight together - but we knew that from last season when we lost the midfield battle most weeks.

Ings & Coutinho don't work together as both are too slow. Everything was one paced, hopeful and indecisive.

Apart from that loads of positives!

6 minutes ago, MackHaakon said:

Bring back Mings and Chambers and ease Carlos into the league. Konsa we can sell. Prefer Hause. 

Give the armband back to the leader of the team, and let McGinn do his thing coming off the bench.

Ramsey should take some time on the bench and play more sheltered minutes. Bring in a new number eight.

Drop Couts, out of form and his lack of confidence seems infecting.

That would literally be reversing every decision SG has made in his time at Villa. 🤣

He's clueless.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1

As an overseas fan who can't be at the next game to express my feelings directly, all i want to hear through the broadcast next week is 90mins of "you don't know what you're doing" being chanted at Gerrard 

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ve not seen the game. But arteta last season springs to mind, arsenal fans would have got rid up until 6 games into the season. Things may not turn out well but it’s possible. 

I feel like with Arsenal, results weren't there but there was something you could hang a hat on in terms of style of play. Here. Nah. 

It's honestly hard to defend that. The next game could really dictate the season. Anything less than a really good performance and its going to be doom and gloom. After a full summer there are no excuses and we looked today like the worst of last season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ve not seen the game. But arteta last season springs to mind, arsenal fans would have got rid up until 6 games into the season. Things may not turn out well but it’s possible. 

Think shit and times it by 10 - it was that bad 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

You can compensate for this by playing quick football on the ground and take the height out of the equation. Some of their guys have the turning radius of an 18 wheeler. We should have given them the run around.

Swinging a hundred crosses into a box containing three centre backs really spelt a lack of thought! 

• Like 2

Its the unwillingness to compete from the first whistle, the lethargic slow start and expecting to be better than Bournemouth that gets me. The arrogance bit us quite rightly on the arse and frankly we got what we deserved today.

Â