Ratings & Reactions: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/22 at 22:59

Yeah that was pretty poor all round. Got completely bullied physically throughout. Defence weak from set pieces. Attack had no idea against a back 5 who were happy to sit deep. Midfield were constantly 2nd to the ball.

Early goal a big thing for confidence, but Bournemouth just looked more up for it throughout. 

Opening day can sometimes be a misleading one, but we gotta improve quick.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Play like this the majority of the next few months it's new manager time. Problem is I don't trust the people in charge to make a good appointment. After all they appointed Gerrard. 

What happens to all the players that signed to play under him? Potentially huge problems coming.

Our owners are stinking rich but know nothing about football. A recipe for disaster!

• Confused 1

Gerrard's big calls exploded in his face.

McGinn didn't provide the leadership we needed. We got destroyed on set pieces and crosses, when a real aerial presence would have certainly helped (Mings). 

Same problems of conceding early, and lacking the patience and speed of moving the ball to break defensive opposition down. S

till vulnerable on the counter.

very very poor display and totally the opposite of what me and most people were predicting in the pre match thread. However you have to say that because of how inconsistent we have been over the last season, it wasnt a crazy result and someone less invested in Villa than myself might reasonably have predicted a similar scoreline.

If we have ambitions then we have to nip this in the bud now and we have to hope our executive team's integrity is not questioned. If these results and performances continue its best to pull the plug early like spurs did with nuno, get someone in who is capable of building a project from the ground up and playing in the right way, a tactician. We've never quite had that ruthless streak which is why we are seen as a soft touch or nothing club who make up the numbers by a lot of other supporters.

a loss against Everton and i think a lot of people would have had enough tbh. big game next week as its first home game of the season and expectations will be that we need a win with no excuses and everyone pulling their weight. a second loss of the season and i think it will be a slog again

Edited by Villatillidie95

It's only a matter of time but of course we will delay the inevitable until the season is over for us. You would think this team would be too good to go down but with this shower managed by Gerrard I'm not so sure. Still I don't see anything better than 14th place finish after today and really just what is the point in that. 

Compare our team to f***ing Bournemouth's and it's night and day in quality. Scott bloody Parker tactically outwitted Gerrard and got his shite team more up for it than ours. 

Once again weekend ruined thanks to Gerrard and this team.

Our pre match ritual of taking sleeping tablets washed down with 4 cans of special brew continues

Slow, ponderous, no urgency, pathetic and the worst part, it's not surprising.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know it's game one of the season. But we maybe should consider cutting our losses.

Some big names are out of jobs and I just want to see us play attractive attacking football with a plan.

Pochettino, Bielsa, Quique Setien, Marco Rose all available. 

Maybe we should've considered moves for Ernesto Valverde, Lucien Favre, Paolo Fonseca before they took up new positions this summer too.

I've never been convinced on Gerrard but that was piss poor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Our owners are stinking rich but know nothing about football. A recipe for disaster!

Both our billionaire owners invest heavily in professional sports teams. Of course they know something about football.

Â