Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Two immediate things I’m reading into this:

1. We must have made him a financial offer he couldn’t refuse, further proof of our ability to spend big

2. He must have been really sold by our project and the plans for this coming year 

He can put coaching Coutinho and other Brazilian, Argentinian and French internationals on his CV. If he wants a top job some day it is a step up from managing Blackpool as much as I respect he was the number 1 there.

easy for lower league managers to get stuck there

Edited by a m ole

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Two immediate things I’m reading into this:

1. We must have made him a financial offer he couldn’t refuse, further proof of our ability to spend big

2. He must have been really sold by our project and the plans for this coming year 

Purslow’s PowerPoint strikes again. 

i hear each slide is a new picture of Shakira, finishing with “she could be yours, if you join Villa” 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886zegkvw7oewaql7z0w0

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Pleased to get someone in who can run training.

I read this wrong at first.

Thought you said " pleased to get someone in, who CAN RUN IN training ".

As a pop at Beales prosperity belly! Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Has been confirmed as the new “Assistant Head Coach”

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

their fan’s understandingly upset - it’s a very sage appointment.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The speed with which this was done makes me think they already had Critchley lined up as replacement for Beale some time before he officially left us,

It's almost like the Villa is starting to live up to the club motto! 🤔

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Have to respect it

Yeah, still hope he gets a bad case of FOMO as he watches from his little tv in the corner as the CL theme descends upon Villa Park on Wednesday nights while he asks residents in the square if they want salt and vinegar

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah, still hope he gets a bad case of FOMO as he watches from his little tv in the corner as the CL theme descends upon Villa Park on Wednesday nights while he asks residents in the square if they want salt and vinegar

This isn’t the Grealish thread

Found this really interesting from a Blackpool fan right back at the start of the season about how Critchley's attacking tactics were changing this year and to be fair, you can immediately understand the likeness to what it appears Gerrard & Beale have had us working towards 

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2021/08/27/analysis-high-five-how-blackpool-attack-like-the-worlds-best-teams/amp/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Found this really interesting from a Blackpool fan right back at the start of the season about how Critchley's attacking tactics were changing this year and to be fair, you can immediately understand the likeness to what it appears Gerrard & Beale have had us working towards 

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2021/08/27/analysis-high-five-how-blackpool-attack-like-the-worlds-best-teams/amp/

It’s why it’s such a good appointment, should be a pretty seamless transition. It’s whether we can get these tactics working for us. 

Â