Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

41 minutes ago, WHY said:

Players hated Beale 

I don’t know this to be the case but surprised at the lack of good luck instagram posts from the Villa players wishing him well, unless I’ve missed them.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently 1 of only 16 coaches in the world with " Uefa Elite Badge " status.

ahh yes the elusive 'Elite Badge'

That season Neil sold the most cookies in his Uefa class and was summarily awarded the coveted 'UEFA Elite Badge'

• Haha 1

Promoted from League 1 at the first time of asking and then gets a mid-table finish in the C'ship with a cash-strapped Blackpool side. That's impressive and we've just hired him as our assistant. From what I can see the Blackpool fans are absolutely gutted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes I was thinking this.

Maybe he was also sold the possibility of promotion within the ranks.

Also, operating at the highest level, even as an assistant, will give him even more exposure to potentially be a candidate for a higher higher level Managers job in future.

Yes I think you might be right. Not too many managers from lower leagues get considered for PL jobs these days. So for him to be an assistant here may lead to a crack at the Villa job or raise his profile enough to be considered for another position in the league. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

My hunch was that Beale was a bit "One of the lads"...I hope this fella is less of that.

You hope he's less of your hunch that you don't know is true or not?! 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

I’m glad that this hasn’t rumbled on, time will tell if it’s a good appointment or not but at least this has not been disruptive in any way to our inevitable rise to the top.

We’re a well run club these days aren’t we?

FTFY. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Not too sure why he left Blackpool, where he'd had decent success as a manager, to be an assistant with us. 

Can't imagine he will stick around too long. 

I would think he’ll be the next Aston Villa manager at some point if things develop as everyone involved wants. Could be good succession planning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Because once your become a manager its difficult to be an assistant too long before getting the desire to get back to being a manager. 

Assistant at a team that will be competing in Europe (I am "all in" now) or the main man in the bottom half of the Championship?  And actually if Villa do do incredibly well - well enough for Stevie G to get offered the Liverpool job (i.e. we must have had a couple of decent seasons competing in Europe) then he either gets the assistant job at Liverpool or he is odds on favourite to take over at Villa.  He's playing the long game.

• Like 3

Â