Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes I was thinking this.

Maybe he was also sold the possibility of promotion within the ranks.

Also, operating at the highest level, even as an assistant, will give him even more exposure to potentially be a candidate for a higher higher level Managers job in future.

make a sense exposure high level and shadow, taste the medicine than developed himself to ready for high level.  Your have a vital point there. make a sense.

which I think example; Dean Smith when he think can hang in high level in end he struggle and not time to improve his skill as manager on high level can be wreck careers easy if poor performance could affect job apply in future in high level. If He failed get Norwich promote, his names will become fade and in the past.

If he give time will success. as High level can be harsh and not have a time give him developed, he not only one same other manager. 

Critchley play choice safety route which is smart move.

P.S> I'm reliese Cartwheel is wrong use to word :S Should use other words indeed. *Sorry*

• Like 3

I'm both relieved and excited by Critchley's appointment.

He's a well regarded man manager and coach who will be respected by the players. You don't give up a successful spell of club management to return to coaching unless you're ambitious, so the fact that he sees coaching the Villa first team squad as a step up won't be lost on the players.

Also he is a slim and fit guy in contrast to Beale who was always surprisingly overweight (imo). I felt that last season the squad still weren't as fit as it should have been. It must have been difficult for MB to insist on the players shifting excess weight when he visually presented a more sedentary image. 

I may be totally wrong, but to me perception is important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Do you have proof of this?

Other than what I’ve been told, no. Hated was probably a bit strong on my part. Disliked would have been more apt.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Glad we’ve got someone in ASAP. Some people were acting like our season was over yesterday 🤪🤪🤪

Who was acting like that? Can you quote some posts please? 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

So then . He has got someone he knows and trusts with a liverpool connection. But when u start thinking immediately why not cast the net out wider you find that he is one of 16 coaches worldwide with the highest possible Uefa badge. This will be fine guys. Panic over. 

Who are the other 16… and what does it mean to have this badge??

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Not a lot by the look of things. They were the only cohort to do it and none have gone onto big jobs. Although I’m sure it was a positive experience for him 

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Nothing. He was one of 40 young English coaches picked to get this badge of which 16 qualified. They then never did the course again  so there will only ever be this group of 16. 

Â