Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes I was thinking this.

Maybe he was also sold the possibility of promotion within the ranks.

Also, operating at the highest level, even as an assistant, will give him even more exposure to potentially be a candidate for a higher higher level Managers job in future.

He strikes me as humble and hardworking. I think that’s what they want in management and coaching too. Not just about talent but the mindset we attract. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jim said:

Great get. We really do mean business.

"we get knocked down and get up again".......Thats the mentality shift in this club.

• Like 1

Seems like a great appointment. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about him, but when the fans are gutted about someone leaving their club that can only be a good sign.

It's worth noting that the Elite Badge is not a UEFA thing, but an English FA badge. It was a special course run in 2013, offered to something like 40 of the best English coaches around, of which Critchley was one. Only 16 graduated, so he is certainly held in high regard.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The idea of an assistant is a bit old hat in the modern era - he’s joining as part of a management team so the role will come with a lot of opportunities and responsibilities that go beyond the traditional role. I think it shows the vision of the board and Gerrard to get him to leave a job where he succeeded and was beloved by the fans. 

shows the show don't stop, even when he is on holiday.

I'm just pleased its a coach SG is happy with, after all, he has to work with him.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He strikes me as humble and hardworking. I think that’s what they want in management and coaching too. Not just about talent but the mindset we attract. 

His work ethic does strike me. Would of been very easy and cosy to stay with the Liverpool u23s, probably would of had a job for life there. Took the Blackpool gig when they had no money and got them up. Were flirting with the playoffs last season too before they faded away but he spent hardly nothing. 

• Like 1

Yet again, the club go about their business professionally, swiftly and under the radar!

The journos must hate us as nothing ever filters to them until it’s all done and dusted.

As for the appointment, a nice piece of business - someone with experience in management and with an existing working relationship with SG! 

This bodes well 👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Players hated Beale 

There's literally a video of Martinez saying he really felt the club was going places purely because of how progressive Beale was and how important he was to the day-to-day of the club 

• Like 3

Â