Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

It might not really worked for him mainly because of injuries, but if we made it to the CL and won the UECL, I think we’d give credit to each point helped us in the process. We’ve won some important points with Carlos starting. 
He even scored at UECL, all these small details will be remembered if we achieve our goals. It will be a good memory despite not having what was originally expected from some individuals, but on total it will be different. Like when we look at Hause or Targett,Trez…etc had their involvements on our journey.

Even Dendonker helped us win some critical points last season, which helped us going to Europe. We can’t just go and say we didn’t benefit out of him. 

Especially now with this critical part of the season, we’ll whoever is around to be fit, it will be a challenging journey.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

I wonder if we'll sell him this summer if we can get a reasonable fee?  He's 31 years old and unlikely to improve any further.  

Depends who we could get, and how much we could get for him.

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

I wonder if we'll sell him this summer if we can get a reasonable fee?  He's 31 years old and unlikely to improve any further.  

I am fairly sure he was due to be sold before Tyrone got Injured. Strong hints of it last August on the FTLOPM pod.

Definitely will be time to move him on in the summer if we can avoid a PSR loss and invest in a high potential young right footed centre back. We’ll then have Ty, Pau, Konsa, new CB. 

I think he might stay one more year. Or at least up to January. Endless European experience with Sevilla so I'd keep him around for the first half of the season and put him in for some of the prem games we have immediately after the European games.

He'd be more likely to go if we have a young CB waiting in the wings but we don't really. Josh Feeney is still only 18 and playing pretty low down in Spain so he's probably another 18 months off serious contention for the first team squad. Bogarde older but again only playing mid table league 1.

Edited by VillaChris

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Definitely will be time to move him on in the summer if we can avoid a PSR loss and invest in a high potential young right footed centre back. We’ll then have Ty, Pau, Konsa, new CB. 

I'd be bricking it going into the season with just that. We'd have been screwed this season without Lenglet, and he wouldn't even be on this shortlist (he's 5th).

17 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Thought he was near faultless yesterday 

He was great. Our defending of set pieces is always much better when he plays. His range of passing is also a real asset. Hopefully he can stay fit for the rest of the season now.

• Like 1

Unless the Saudis offer silly money i don’t understand why some seem to think he should be sold. He’s a fantastic rotation option and allows the youth to progress another season to see if they are good enough and then reassess summer 2025. 

I think it’s his fitness record and the big wages he’ll be on.

He’s a very solid fourth choice CB if he can stay fit. The 4 CB should be Pau, Konsa, Mings, Carlos and then add a fifth young high potential CB if Feeney is still a few years away (subject to PSR and all that).

• Like 3

Glad he did well but was pretty toothless Wolves. Still not convinced he's not a flat track bully with a couple of brain fades costing us in two games this season

Will be needed against the human cyborg Wednesday.  Think he enjoys the physical challenge so should be a good match up like the home game against Cheaty.

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Will be needed against the human cyborg Wednesday.  Think he enjoys the physical challenge so should be a good match up like the home game against Cheaty.

He did do well last time to be fair but doubt Pep plays a midfield 4 without a single DM this time

Â