Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really wish people would stop saying this. He hasn’t played for Belgium for ages !

I would sooner see Lenglat and Torres as a back 2 then seeing Donk there !

He made an appearance last year. Thank you goodnight.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

What's the point of ever having any hope for anything supporting Villa. All we get in the end is failure and each time it's served up in a way to maximise the pain too.

Being mid table for the season is far far more preferable than a Villa special of do well for first half and then collapsing. 

But being tricked into this shit over and over. **** hate this club for how much of a curse it is on those who are struck supporting it. 

Only pain and misery for decades now

Imagine being a small heath fan! 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

What's the point of ever having any hope for anything supporting Villa. All we get in the end is failure and each time it's served up in a way to maximise the pain too.

Being mid table for the season is far far more preferable than a Villa special of do well for first half and then collapsing. 

But being tricked into this shit over and over. **** hate this club for how much of a curse it is on those who are struck supporting it. 

Maybe take a break from football? Seems like you're slightly too invested.

We always do better when we’re seen as the underdogs or flying under the radar… it’s good for us to be underestimated…

It’s when we are hyped up and noticed that we tend to struggle…

so…. 🏆 

I’m still going to enjoy our “best season since we got promoted “™️ and ignore the doomsayers… never doubt King Unai 👑 

• Like 1

Fulham game will tell us a lot in terms of where we are at mentally. In some ways I am glad it is away. The home fan base is starting to become a little bit toxic. The away fans should be strong at Fulham. They are in form and we are not. They've got a fully fit squad, we don't. If we somehow get a result out of that then it shows you that this squad has something about them and there's fight still left in us. Lose and it could become a bit of a spiral. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I'm with you mate. You're not alone and agree it's been decades of suffering.

Personally I'm taking a step back from it all til the end of the season. If that makes me "less of a fan" so be it, but football since December has honestly been appalling for my mental health. I need a break from the investment, the hope, the expectation, the inevitable deep disappointment.

Sorry to hear that. 

It's weird how I feel the people who didn't "get" how the off field stuff affected me are affected by the on field stuff much more than I am! 

I always feel the off field stuff is important because it can carry you through the times when it isn't so good on the pitch.

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Fulham game will tell us a lot in terms of where we are at mentally. In some ways I am glad it is away. The home fan base is starting to become a little bit toxic. The away fans should be strong at Fulham. They are in form and we are not. They've got a fully fit squad, we don't. If we somehow get a result out of that then it shows you that this squad has something about them and there's fight still left in us. Loose and it could become a bit of a spiral. 

The fans were great against United to be fair.  We appreciated what was shown in the pitch. Agree with the rest though.

We started the season with 4 fit centre halves and currently have 2. I think the biggest concern is whether Torres is fit or not. If he is I’m sure him Lenglat can handle the next few games until hopefully Konsa can return. 

Have a feeling Carlos could be out a while. 

Â