Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Just remembered the overhead kick he went for. Brilliant 😂

The scary thing is i think he was aiming for Odegaard's head and not the ball.

If Mings comes back in the same form as before the injury, it would be a selection nightmare to pick only two CB next season. Personally I would like to see a Carlos - Mings partnership, when  both are at their best. Hopefully we get to see that next season.

I was most impressed by his pace to recover. Didn’t realise how quick he was. 

He’s been ridiculously unlucky with injuries since he joined us so we’ve never really seen how good he was but hopefully that performance gives an indication of it and he can continue playing same way. 

Our biggest results this season have come with that back 4. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

If Mings comes back in the same form as before the injury, it would be a selection nightmare to pick only two CB next season. Personally I would like to see a Carlos - Mings partnership, when  both are at their best. Hopefully we get to see that next season.

There is a whole topic in it’s own right on which combination is our best centre back pairing. There so many factors, maybe even the opposition and competition.

Early in the season it may have been Torres, of late he has not been at that level and looks jaded and is not the most commanding figure.

Hopefully, yesterday’s Diego is seen more often and looks like the player we all hope we had bought.

Konsa is still the Rolls Royce of the back 4. Wasted at right back but needs must.

and last but not least the mighty Mings. Our most vocal and commanding centre half. We all want to see a fully fit Tyrone next season.

from the above, a wealth of riches and we still have Longlet in reserve.

for me it’s still Konsa and Mings but we all have our own favourites. 

onwards and upwards!

14 hours ago, bobzy said:

For the shittest defender ever, he's just had an incredible half against Arsenal.  Didn't realise he was that quick, either.

That’s probably the first time he’s trusted his body to show his pace since his injury. 

1 minute ago, Lochheads twin said:

There is a whole topic in it’s own right on which combination is our best centre back pairing. There so many factors, maybe even the opposition and competition.

Early in the season it may have been Torres, of late he has not been at that level and looks jaded and is not the most commanding figure.

Hopefully, yesterday’s Diego is seen more often and looks like the player we all hope we had bought.

Konsa is still the Rolls Royce of the back 4. Wasted at right back but needs must.

and last but not least the mighty Mings. Our most vocal and commanding centre half. We all want to see a fully fit Tyrone next season.

onwards and upwards!

All of our best combinations contain Pau. The second CB depends on the opposition and the challenges we are likely going to face. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

onwards and upwards!

I think next season, Unai will work miracles because he has choices.

Torres does look jaded, so will benefit from a bit of rotation, but it's his first PL season.
We'll definitely need to use Konsa at RB for some games.
And with Carlos and Mings both being 30, and having had massive injuries, both will need to be managed or risk them breaking down again.

Hopefully the benefit of having 4 very good CBs will mean we can keep them all fit and happy.

Â