Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

5 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

100% this. Until mings comes back we are a a better defensive unit with him in it. The number of goals we’ve started leaking from set pieces recently has been alarming 

Very alarming. Without Mings, Diego is the only CB that can bring a high level of physical play to our defense. 

• Like 3

I don't really understand the hate for him, he's not McGrath, he's not Mings, but I've seen very few performances where I've felt his underperformed. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Very alarming. Without Mings, Diego is the only CB that can bring a high level of physical play to our defense. 

But he doesn’t though tbh. Thats the odd thing. I don’t see him use his physical attributes enough if you ask me. 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But he doesn’t though tbh. Thats the odd thing. I don’t see him use his physical attributes enough if you ask me. 

Problem is when he does he invariably gets pulled up by the referees.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

My concern is that when he uses his physicality - he's invariably doing it in a blatantly illegal way and conceding too many stupid free-kicks in silly places.  (TBF Mings can occassionally do this too - by getting more interested in winning a physical battle, he then either gets himself carded or pulled out of position and giving away a silly chance - although he was doing this less last season.)  I thought that defenders in Spain / Italy were better at hiding their dirty tricks but I think Carlos has been fortunate a couple of times this season not to see red for stupid infringements where we were under no pressure at all and put us in a whole heap of trouble.

• Like 1

He looks like a unit but honestly I've never seen even Chambers get rag dolled as much as this guy 

Maybe he doesn't pick those battles but yeah Carlos has been bullied. A lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure did something a bit naughty off the ball end of the first half , Brobbey was on the floor holding his head and Carlos had a sheepish look on his face

Â