Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really wish people would stop saying this. He hasn’t played for Belgium for ages !

I would sooner see Lenglat and Torres as a back 2 then seeing Donk there !

Fair enough too, but would you rather have donk or chambers on the bench to cover the next cb injury?

13 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Might as well host trials at this rate and maybe get one of us to fill in for a few games lol

I used to play footy but it's been a while but I don't mind helping us out in our injury crisis.

Only problem is I am 66 in June and will probably be knackered after the pre match warm up... 😊

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Icarium said:

Fair enough too, but would you rather have donk or chambers on the bench to cover the next cb injury?

I get that but 4 centre halves in most cases would be enough.  We couldn’t really deprive Donk a move and chances to find a new club in the summer on the off chance they all got injured. 

8 hours ago, Icarium said:

Good thing we have another international player who could fill in at cb for a few games on the books, oh....

The donk hasn't made a massive impact in Napoli but I get what you mean. The Swinkels and other u21 injuries is gutting as that would be the natural thing to do now. As it is we haven't got anything left, if Pau breaks down or Lenglet gets a knock....

I wish I hadn't opened this thread, I was blissfully unaware of an injury to Carlos! 

The *£%£ is going on? Our already small squad with another injury!! 

I'm off down VP with my boots, the thought of Hause or Chambers in the back line fills me with dread. Imagine that as our CB pairing for the rest of the season.... 

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Enjoy watching our season collapse then. Hope you enjoy it

I don’t get this. Does it mean if we somehow manage to finish the season strongly you won’t enjoy it as you had given up hope? Or maybe you just won’t watch anymore games?

We still have 2 first team centre halves to start. I don’t care if they are both left footed. It’s better than no footed.

Out of interest could you see us staying up when 7 points from safety with 3 games to go? Or did you lose all hope ? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t get this. Does it mean if we somehow manage to finish the season on strongly you won’t enjoy it as you had given up hope? Or maybe you just won’t watch anymore games?

We still have 2 first team centre halves to start. I don’t care if they are both left footed. It’s better than no footed.

Out of interest could you see us staying up when 7 points from safety with 3 games to go? Or did you lose all hope ? 

What's the point of ever having any hope for anything supporting Villa. All we get in the end is failure and each time it's served up in a way to maximise the pain too.

Being mid table for the season is far far more preferable than a Villa special of do well for first half and then collapsing. 

But being tricked into this shit over and over. **** hate this club for how much of a curse it is on those who are struck supporting it. 

Only pain and misery for decades now

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:
  • For any of you who were still clinging onto and hope for the season just give up now. 

Really? I think it will have been our most successful season for decades.Each to their own I suppose 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's something about the single bullet point that's either madness or genius and I can't decide which. 

I think it is an analogy of our season, one bullet point usually leads to more, but in this instance, it started well with the one and did not continue into more bullet points which sums up the second part of our season, with no points of merit . 

As Doctor Zachary Smith would say ‘we’re doomed, I’m telling you, we’re doomed’

ARHHHHHH

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What's the point of ever having any hope for anything supporting Villa. All we get in the end is failure and each time it's served up in a way to maximise the pain too.

Being mid table for the season is far far more preferable than a Villa special of do well for first half and then collapsing. 

But being tricked into this shit over and over. **** hate this club for how much of a curse it is on those who are struck supporting it. 

It ain’t over till it’s over ! Might be worth disconnecting and taking a break from the Villa for a while though. Sounds like it’s getting you down pal. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Booohooo.

Being in contention for CL, some incredible performances and results, 5 points ahead of 6th place with a far better GD. 

What a horrible season, end this misery now. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What a load of nonsense. We're having a great season and we're going to win a European trophy. It's one of our best seasons ever. Anyone who believed the rubbish about us being title contenders might be disappointed but that's their own fault for being deluded. We all knew we had a very small squad, thin on quality. 5th would be as good as we ever expected we could get and the now likely 6th place is fine too. Europa league football on the back of a conference league win. Everyone would have taken that at the start of the season. Nobody was expecting us to get champions league football. 

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Booohooo.

Being in contention for CL, some incredible performances and results, 5 points ahead of 6th place with a far better GD. 

What a horrible season, end this misery now. 

Plus could still win a European trophy ! 

Â