Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

My post here is definitely an example of why a post needs to be understood in the context of when it was written! This was written before our two recent wins and whole some were declaring our season to he over! 

Yeah some people thought we'd get zero points from Fulham, forest and Luton!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Where are you getting this information. Please quote the link

Directly from the horses mouth. It’s not being reported yet as far as I’m aware.

Edited by DakotaVilla
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Out for another 2 weeks apparently…..looks like he’s going to miss spurs games unless he comes in ahead of schedule. 

Anyone know if Konsa's return is imminent or is that another 3-4 weeks that will stretch to 6-7?

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone know if Konsa's return is imminent or is that another 3-4 weeks that will stretch to 6-7?

Pulled his shin splints. Out for 2 weeks to 2 years according to deansmithinjuryupdates.bs.uk

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I can see Carlos saying..."but if you want to talk about it"...........

"send me message, send me location"....

giphy.gif

I don’t really rate him - rash yet weak in some duels and seems to have a brain fart with his distribution. However, having him back gives us options and opportunity to manage minutes. He was also part of our defence for some of our best performances - Man City and Arsenal. 

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

Good to see him back out on the grass. 

Our best performances have come with him and Pau at CB with Konsa and Digne at full back. Could we see a return to this on Sunday against Spurs? 

Diego is the most physically dominant centre back we have at the min. He could help with our issues from set plays! 

• Like 2

He's wildly inconsistent, not so much from game to game but within a match itself. You never know from one minute to the next whether he's going to do something good or something bad.

Still, it's good to see him back as we need as many players fit as possible 

42 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Are people not rating Carlos? I don't think he's done a fat lot wrong IMO

he's decent, but as 3rd/4th choice CB on 100k p/w, defo not worth the salary cost.

I would do my best to offload him in the summer tbh.

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he's decent, but as 3rd/4th choice CB on 100k p/w, defo not worth the salary cost.

And who would you replace him with? Not a targeted question, genuinely interested, I like him, I don't think he's done anything wrong and also I do wonder what state Mings will be when he returns (hopefully, better than ever, but such a serious injury and that)

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He's also 31 later this month. So i can't see he has a long-term future at Villa. 

6 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

And who would you replace him with? Not a targeted question, genuinely interested, I like him, I don't think he's done anything wrong and also I do wonder what state Mings will be when he returns (hopefully, better than ever, but such a serious injury and that)

no idea, but if we want to meet the new salary to turnover requirements, and be able to actually spend big on wages for our first team players, we need to be having backup players on reasonable salaries.

honestly, dont tell me there arent players out there, just as good as carlos, for half or less of that salary.

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

Are people not rating Carlos? I don't think he's done a fat lot wrong IMO

100% this. Until mings comes back we are a a better defensive unit with him in it. The number of goals we’ve started leaking from set pieces recently has been alarming 

• Like 1

Â