Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Diego with no one pressing him can really ping it around. It’s when he’s getting pressed that he becomes a bit shaky. 

I like him a lot. He gives our defence physicality which we lack without Mings. I just hope thst he stays fit until the end of the season. I panic when I see Lenglet in the team. Maybe in the conference league bit we need.Carlos for our push for 4th.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Chased the ball out to the right side and left us short in the middle, dreadful defending, him and Konsa were in a right flap.

Edited by tinker

Just now, Callum said:

Konsa and Pau in the middle from now on. I cannot cope with anything else. Konsa is not a **** RB and Diego is mental. 

So who is going to play rb

Up to the point where we conceded he was one of the best players on the pitch. 

But he, like the whole defense, just cannot stay concentrated for 90 minutes and that ultimately cost us what should have been an easy win

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Up to the point where we conceded he was one of the best players on the pitch. 

But he, like the whole defense, just cannot stay concentrated for 90 minutes and that ultimately cost us what should have been an easy win

He was v good first half and got serenaded off the pitch. But it went downhill after our second goal.

• Like 3

The injury was unfortunate but it looks again like another ridiculous signing from Gerrard.

Tarkowski on the same contract but for ~£3m instead of £30m would have been much better for us than Carlos.

35 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He was v good first half and got serenaded off the pitch. But it went downhill after our second goal.

I'm rewatching it now, he was really good in the 1st half.  Shame we wasted such a good opportunity after doing the hard bit.

He was my MOTM in the first half. Second, not so much. But, it was shambles from the whole team for those 10-15 mins

• Like 1

Can someone please explain how he not only didn't get a penalty first half, but also somehow got a fk given against him for being clearly dragged to the ground? Then his yellow card for basically running around the player to the ball? Is he sleeping with the refs wife or something?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weedman said:

Can someone please explain how he not only didn't get a penalty first half, but also somehow got a fk given against him for being clearly dragged to the ground? Then his yellow card for basically running around the player to the ball? Is he sleeping with the refs wife or something?

I got his match-worn kit from the game at AZ and it had a LOT of cologne on it. It is possible that he is offending the ref's olfactory senses.

It smelled like Lynx mixed with jet fuel and ocelot piss (don't ask how I know, the war was traumatic on me).

Edited by 479Villan
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

The injury was unfortunate but it looks again like another ridiculous signing from Gerrard.

Tarkowski on the same contract but for ~£3m instead of £30m would have been much better for us than Carlos.

Tarkowski was free...but he got to stay in the North west and a five year deal out of Everton on massive wages.

Wasn't the plan to actually sell Mings to Wolves or something daft? Good job that didn't happen otherwise's Gerrard's year of terror would've had an even worse legacy.

Â