James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

I wouldn’t mind this signing at all. Sure it would be nice shooting higher than Tarkowski but if a good deal presents itself he’s a clear upgrade to go alongside Mings. And with Kamara in front of them and a fully healthy Martinez behind. On paper it looks very exciting. Even if he has made more errors leading to goals compared to Mings this year. :trollface:

2 hours ago, zak said:

Not specifically directed at you but i find it strange that people think getting a player on a free is that much better than on a transfer.

The Agent of that player will know what his player is roughly worth and charge that in a signing on bonus because that's what teams would be willing to pay to get that player.

Appreciate that, and this is only theoretical.

TransferMarkt.com has his current value at £20m. We can argue, but they are an independent source, so it isn't all BS. As a salary, that's about £80k a week over 5 years, before adding agents fees etc.
Sportrac.com list his current salary at £2.6m a year - so about £50k a week. Again, they may not be right, but it sounds about right to me

I think anything up to around £80k a week (all in, including bonuses) is OK for me - we'd still a lot better off over 5 years (about £13m) than buying him at those figures.
I don't think we'd pay him much more than that - and we shouldn't. I also don't buy the random figures punted out by the media. 

I agree it's not 'free' as the player takes extra (and agent), but it's rarely the Mbappe scenario where he basically takes the transfer fee for himself. 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tarkowski sounds more Polish than Cash. very sexy :P  

It's a Polish name but he's English, which is the opposite of Cash who doesn't have a forrin name but is 100% Polish*.

Tarkowski is therefore Contactless, which isn't what you want from a defender. I'm out.

*factual inaccuracies aside

Edited by fightoffyour

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Always injured, can't pass a ball, too expensive, on his last big pay day - but I'd rather like this signing. 

51 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Nope.

image.png.a7014de1f0b9b4ffa0c6e092e7523032.png

Again--nope.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

20 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

120k a week not a chance surely

Works out at a 25m contract over 4 years. 

He’d be at least 20m to buy if he was under contract so an absolute no brainer to pay him that purely from a financial perspective. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Yep, ears are too prominent. 2/10 WNB.

That’s okay, people can pretend to pick him up by his ears and make the old “this is the closet Villa will get to the FA Cup” joke. Should be worth the fee for that tbf.

Â