James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ready to go right into the team and improve us markedly.

He would improve us more than Kamara for the first season I would imagine.

This is silly 2022 football and no transfer fee means big wages. Hause will be on ยฃ65-85k.

I'll eat a bag of dog poo if Hause is on roughly 3.5-4m per year.

22 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Tom Collomosse is pretty reliable for us. Thatโ€™s more than I was hoping for.ย 

I'm not against signing him, 6 million is steep but you know what you are getting, he will give good service for at least 3 years and is free.

Consider this. Does us signing Tarkowski improve Mings as well? . I would say it does. Someone rock solid and hugely experienced next to him . Mings hasnt got to worry about whats going on next to him . A warrior but a talented warrior . Laursen like in terms of bravery. There will be no more fannying about. Tarkowski would boot his own teammate 10 foot in the air to stop a goal . Its what we need to get rid of our softness.ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Some random evertonian on Twitter reckons heโ€™s coming to us, kicking off at a Sky Journo insisting he gets credit for it ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

ย 

the guys post history looks like an Everton supporter to me, not sure he is reliable, lol.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

the guys post history looks like an Everton supporter to me, not sure he is reliable, lol.

Yeah thatโ€™s what Evertonian means ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Tom Collomosse is pretty reliable for us. Thatโ€™s more than I was hoping for.ย 

This is great news!ย  Very underrated defender in his prime on a free transfer.ย  He'll be the No 1 CB at the club and a fan favorite by the end of September.ย  He's been overlooked so often because he was at Burnley.ย  Another outstanding acquisition by the club.ย ย 

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Sky's saying we're in talks, wow.ย 

This would be an astute signing on a free. You would think Villa play free flowing attacking football passing out the back the way people are going on in this thread. He doesn't need to be Beckenbauer, that's why we signed Kamara you would think. What he is is a very good defender, and honestly it might even free up Mings to be more expansive if he has the "brute that just lumps it long" role covered.

Tarkowski was the best ball playing CB in the Championship at Brentford, which is why everyone was shocked to see him go to Burnley where he seemed like he would be wasted in Dyche's tactical system.ย  He's much better on the ball than people realize and, IMO, a better defender than Mings (who I also rate).ย  He'll be our #1 CB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope we get this one over the line.

He is poo pooed a lot because he plays for Burnley, but he is a very good defender, and actually very good on the ball also.

Would add experience, power and quality to the team for sure.

• Like 1

ร—
ร—
ร‚